Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Multipoint Fuel Injection users?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Aug 9, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thinking maybe running an Edelbrock MultiPoint setup would be a better idea than the whole tbi setup. Does anyone here run the setup or have experience with it? If so I'd like to know MPG stats and performance opinions. I'm looking to build a fuel injected 383 pushing 330hp but if I ran multipoint I'd like to run more like 375.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think someones got that setup and found that burning the chip would be something like $800.

A GM setup is apparently better all around. If anything, having factory parts installed makes replacement a heck of a lot easier everywhere you go.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ouch gotcha. Yeah well the truck will be quick it just won't be FAST. Still kick the crap out of rice rockets.

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

My Dad, Derf00 and I run the Edelbrock MPFI conversion kit from the factory TBI on our HO 383. I love the injection system, very responsive compared to the factory TBI. I can't give you an honest answer on what the MPG would be becasue of my heavy foot and tendency to smoke the 37's at redlights /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Edelbrock does have the option of sending you a pre burnt chip, which is what we are running. For my setup and probably yours, it sounds like the FI might be up your alley. By next summer though we're probably going to go with the all-out Holley or Edelbrock Pro Flo injection with a complete new computer for the ease of customizing the computer to the next list of mods for the 383

If you have any more Q's feel free to ask me or Derf00 about the set-up. Just give us a couple of days to respond because we're up on an island on vacation.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh that was me w/ the $800 chip........found out jetchip does em, $400 for the chip. I had emailed em not 5 weeks before, and they said no...........now they say yes, $400.....i told em they had said no and they were blown away by it. Anyway, thats my plan for my 496........just need some cash money bling bling. On a lighter note, me and my dad got the powder coating system workin today so now my underhood can be /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif