Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANY NASCAR FANS OUT THERE??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wasted wages, Feb 19, 2004.

1. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Anyone ever been to Bristol??
    I just scored BOX SEATS to the March 28th Food Town 500
    through my company,,,Never been to a NASCAR event,but I hear that Bristol is one of the hardest tickets to get,,,
    It's a small track right? not like a tri oval,,,

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

DUDE, YOU SCORED!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Tickets to a NASCAR event at Bristol are some of the most difficult to get. Most of the tickets are sold more than a year in advance.

The track is a little over 1/2 mile around and the banking is steep so the cars fly around at incredible speed. High speeds and a short track provide for some heavy bumping and grinding (ther cars not the people /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif).

Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tenn.
    <ul type="square">
    [*]"World’s Fastest Half Mile," 0.533-mile concrete oval

[*]Degree of banking in corners: 36 degrees

[*]Degree of banking in straights: 16 degrees

[*]Straightaways: 650 feet long.

[*]Concrete racing surface is 40 feet wide.

[*]Seating capacity: 160,000

[/list]

[​IMG]

If I had to pick only one NASCAR race to go see it would have to be one of the races at Bristol.

Have fun! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

nascar is the most boring thing to watch ever. I went to the Innagural race at Texas Motor Speedway and kept falling asleep. Got in for free and got a free polo shirt too, and it still wasn't worth the hassle of the traffic and crowds. Couple good wrecks, but I could see better action for better prices and less people at the dirt track anyday.... plus dirt track races are shorter and more intense. Nascar = Yuck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

the texas track sucks. Actually all of the new 1.5 mile D shaped tracks suck, why, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL THE FRICKIN SAME!!!!!NASCAR WE NEED MORE BRISTOLS! My favorite tracks are Bristol, Daytona, Darlington, and Talladega in that order. Charlotte is ok too, since it was one of the first D shaped 1.5 miles and it is anything from perfectly smooth like the new tracks.

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nascar is the most boring thing to watch ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. If you don't like NASCAR then just don't go to the races. You can also turn the channel when it's on TV. When you see a magazine with NASCAR on the cover, just put it down. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But most of all, when you see a post that has the word "NASCAR" in it you could always just avoid reading it rather than going out of your way to take the time to read it and then take more time to type a reply when anyone who IS interested in the thread won't give a rats butt what you think.

[ QUOTE ]
    Nascar = Yuck

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what would you consider an exciting sport?

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I grew up in Miami/FtLauderdale Fla. I remember on friday nights the stock cars ran up in West Palm Beach on 1/2 mile banked asphalt and on saturday nights they ran at the Hialeah speedway which was 1/3 mile flat asphalt. Man,, I loved to watch the modified cars,,I would like to go to a large NASCAR track to see the cars run at top speed but I think the action will be better at Bristol,I've been to many WoO races,,the winged cars are no doubt impressive,,,but I still like the tight racing asphalt cars give.

Oh,, and anything that can go from 0 to 325+ MPH in 4.5 seconds from a standing start gets my vote,,and you can't do that on dirt,,,,,

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nascar is the most boring thing to watch ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. If you don't like NASCAR then just don't go to the races. You can also turn the channel when it's on TV. When you see a magazine with NASCAR on the cover, just put it down. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But most of all, when you see a post that has the word "NASCAR" in it you could always just avoid reading it rather than going out of your way to take the time to read it and then take more time to type a reply when anyone who IS interested in the thread won't give a rats butt what you think.

[ QUOTE ]
    Nascar = Yuck

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what would you consider an exciting sport?

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ****nut,

Thanks for the advice on Nascar. I didn't realize that I had a choice on watching races. Hell, I didn't even know that I had a choice in reading threads. This is awesome news! You're such a champion for the cause! Thanks for setting that straight for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif BTW, do you think people also have the right to not read certain posts in a given thread? Just curious...I didn't know if our freedoms extended that far.

Now, for an exciting sport...I kinda like hunting, hockey, football, anything I can interact with. I know you're going to take these 3 examples and try to rip them apart in some sort of crude attempt at making me look bad. It's really too bad that this is a Nascar thread and not a hunting thread. The original poster asked who liked nascar. I guess he just wanted positive responses, but as a person that does not "get" the sport, I posted my reluctance to get into the fad. Sorry if it offended your redneck inclination to watch a "sport" and drink beer from the grandstands. Oh wait...no i'm not. Get your panties out of the wad they're in and accept different opinions...jeez... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey ****nut,

[/ QUOTE ]

ooops, sorry.

I thought I was talking to someone with a brain. My mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
    I know you're going to take these 3 examples and try to rip them apart in some sort of crude attempt at making me look bad. It's really too bad that this is a Nascar thread and not a hunting thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no. I was hoping you would provide examples of what you do like. I wasn't aware of that corncob shoved up your backside. Again, my mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess he just wanted positive responses, but as a person that does not "get" the sport, I posted my reluctance to get into the fad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you don't "get" much of anything.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

haha...someone with more of a brain than a goober!

I dont "get" much of anything? Please explain. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

Man, that's fantastic. Been to the track a couple of times (not during a race tho). My mother lives about an hour away and I take her there to see a christmas light show. It a fantastic track. Congratulations! And if you feel a need to get rid of the tickets....... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, do you think people also have the right to not read certain posts in a given thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

And I think that some NASCAR detractor can actually shut their piehole on a NASCAR thread. Heck, it's easier to hear the truth from Bill Clinton than it is to read a thread about NASCAR without at least one person badmouthing it.

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well i'm glad we've got that straightened out, Mr. Lounge Lizard. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

btw to keep this on track....

glad the biggie tracks are cooler. perhaps someday i can see one up close and personal...if they'd only do 20 lap races!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    well i'm glad we've got that straightened out, Mr. Lounge Lizard. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a Lizard for ya /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Really don't know what your problem is, but there's really no call for ya acting a like an a** over this.........

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Been a long day...about to lose my grandma...work sucks...and then i make a post and get flamed for it. That's my problem. This ain't PBB and even if it was I ain't no newbie. I get called out by some moron named Goober...whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I've got a Lizard for ya /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, go find a goat...I dont swing that way. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Been a long day...about to lose my grandma...work sucks...and then i make a post and get flamed for it. That's my problem. This ain't PBB and even if it was I ain't no newbie. I get called out by some moron named Goober...whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're from Texas also /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It's no problem. We all go through the sh*t at one time or another and sometimes it filters out and gets directed to indiscrimate types......

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're from Texas also /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It's no problem. We all go through the sh*t at one time or another and sometimes it filters out and gets directed to indiscrimate types......

[/ QUOTE ]

all this coming from one of those damn okie boyz...you should have a stump trained cow around back you can talk to for a few minutes! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

No cows................yet........

But I got a hound dog that can't howl, will that work? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

20. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr. Lounge Lizard. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif