Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any occupational Safety Professionals here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Mar 4, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just asking since I'm graduating in December with a dual degree in Technology/Safety. The tech department here is really WEAK, but safety's one of the strongest in the nation. I'm trying to decide what to do when i get out, where to do it, and what kind of job to look into. Recently I've been thinking either loss control or construction. I want somewhere where I dont move ALL the time, but I have a few places to keep tabs on. In other words, I dont want to be stuck in the same plant all the time. Anyone in this field?

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Unless you work for a regional type construction or insurance co, then plan to travel in these 2 fields. The construction company I work for does 30-40 mil and has one safety officer that does not travel extensively, but our insurance provider's inspector travels the whole Southeast.
    Most companies where you don't have to travel are looking for someone with experience or are based in one area. You might try working for an industrial plant as a Industrial Hygenist, you'll get experience and not have to travel as much.