Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any of yall near NW Louisiana?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Feb 22, 2001.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Just looking for some local club info and a few wheelin buddies. Thanx -Tommy

2. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

Hey Tommy! I'm from Marshall TX! Just across the Texas/Lousiania state line about 40 miles! It's good to see someone else in this area on the site. I'm also in the process of a complete rebuild of my 78 jimmy! Long way to go! What are ya going to do with your driveshafts when you convert to a 4 speed? I may be interested in them if you want to sale them, or we could swap some parts. I have a 2 wheeldrive four speed withe EVERYTHING you need to convert, including flywheel, clutch, pressure plate,tranny, bellhousing, shifter and linkage, throwout bearing, driveshaft, clutch pedals! If you are interested, e-mail me!

Trey
    baldbandit@hotmail.com

3. baldbandit

Oh yeah, i don't know of any local clubs but if you find any in our area, let me know!

thanks
    Trey
    baldbandit@hotmail.com

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Cool! I know where Marshall is. Know of any good trails?
    -about the driveshafts... I'm not reusing the front or the rear so if you want them I'll hook you up. They are unmodified and came from my old 700r/208 setup. The tranny and t-case are long gone. Need a crossmember for the 700r? they're only 30 bucks new. I can toss in my old one w/ the drive shafts if you need it.
    - about the clutch stuff... what year is your 2 wheel drive!?
    If its '85 or up I'm in there. I'm going w/ the hydraulic clutch so its gotta be '85+. I've got the tranny and t-case and just about everything except for a few peices here and there.
    Let me know something when ya can. Later -Tommy

5. baldbandit

There are not any trails that i know of around here. I used to have several good mud holes(slew bottoms, SP?) that i went and played in, but now someone else has the dear lease and won't let anyone on it.

How much do you want for the driveshafts? I already have the crossmember. Do you have the bar that ties the transfer case into the frame for support? I will be converting to the 700r/208 combo, but it will be awhile. There's ALOT of other things to do first! Have you ever used PERFORMANCE AUTOMOTIVE TRANSMISSION CENTER in bossier? I was thinking of letting them build my 700. They say they can make one that will stand up to 600hp.

My 2x tranny is from an 84, and is not hydraulic.

baldbandit

6. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

How does $50 sound for both front and rear? I'm in no hurry so I'll hang on to 'em as long as you need.

I know exactly where Performance Auto Trans is. I can give you directions if you need 'em. As far as workmanship, I've never used 'em nor do I know anyone who has. They seem like a good company though -apperance wise. As far as building a 700 to take 600ft/lb torque -that seems a bit much. Even TCI's streetfighter700 and Jet Performances T-700 only claim to withstand around 450ft/lbs and they are built-to-the-hilt.
    I've also got a awesome torque converter for the 700 if you are interested. Its called a "StreetStyle". Its got an 1800 stall and is custom built. Before I used this torque cinverter I could barely get of the line. (With stock gears and 31s.) Afterwards I had no trouble launching and could even smoke 'em if I did it just right.
    Get me back! Later -Tommy

7. baldbandit

Ya, i'll get back with you on the driveshafts. I definately want them. I'm not sure what torque converter i want to use yet!

balbandit

8. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

I just left Barksdale in July, I was there for 6 year no fourwheeling club. But you might go by Louisianna Off road they have a couple of places they go. One place is close to Kilgore TX its a pay 5 or 10 bucks to 4 wheel all day. Two section stock area and a modified. Be sure if you go you have a winch its a little miree. Lots of truck especially from Longview, big 18x44 bigblocks. Its cool just to watch the rigs playing in the mudd!

Eat More MUD!!!

As far as Performace Transmission sucks!
    Brazzel Transmission over the Shreveport-Barksdale bridge excellent service not the cheapest but the most reliable..