Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any of you 69-75ers tried this????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikeperez22, Jun 6, 2004.

1. mikeperez22

mikeperez22 Registered Member

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but have any of you guys with full covertible Blazers tried cutting off a targa roof section on the front of your top. I've seen two piece aftermarket hardtops for Jeeps, and I thought it would be cool to take off the front half, and leave the back half on. I just wanted to see if anyone has done this before I attempt it. Thanks.

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

well... take off the front half and the back half might come off it self at about 40mph

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Wayull, there are a few cab-only hardtops running around; for the 69-72's allegedly they were factory, or at least a dealer option. For the 73-75's they're aftermarket that I know of.

Kinda like the International Scouts what tweaked into pickups.

Anyway, with one of those tops -- or making your own -- you could use a 76+ hardtop, or a Can-back, or all kinds o' stuff.

Me, I'm taking my hardtop off and never using it again. If it's that hot or cold or rainy, I'll just drive something else.

Note: in the rain, stay above 20MPH, and you'll never get wet. The joy of driving a 6000# truck with the aerodynamic coefficient of a brick ... is that the rain is blown away by the force of the air around said brick /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got my eye on a 75 in a junk yard to get its top and use my wife's 86's half top to make a top like ya'll are talking about. Ho do ya get a photo to show up on a posting?

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got my eye on a 75 in a junk yard to get its top and use my wife's 86's half top to make a top like ya'll are talking about. Ho do ya get a photo to show up on a posting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you gotta host it somewhere. If you have broadband, your ISP prolly will do some, or you can use a free provider (webshots, etc) or ... since you're orange... you can do it here.

Go to Member's Rides and you can upload pix to your heart's content (or the disk space limit anyway).

Then you can post links to them here with the [ image ] tag, and they'll be viewable by the gallery as well. I have all kinds of crap posted on mine.

-- A

7. dontoe

Thanks I have some photos uploaded and try to get 'em to work. [image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12888&password=0&sort=1&size=medium&cat=all&page=1[/image]

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

is this what you wanted to show?

9. dontoe

Yea man! Wonder why I can't get it to work?