Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any of you guys from the Corpus Christi, TX area?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by kp texan, Apr 11, 2007.

1. kp texan

kp texan 1/2 ton status

I just moved down to the the Corpus area from Dallas about 8 months ago and I've got a few questions about your experience with the inspection stations. I had my Blazer inspected about 3 months ago down here and they didn't seem really strict on anything even though I do have all my emissions equipment (that doesn't mean it's all hooked up though :wink1: ). Are any of you guys running setups that are not quite legal and do you have problems finding shops that will pass you? I'm not talking blatantly illegal here, but maybe no EGR, AIR, Cats, stuff like that. I'm looking into a Vortec head swap and I would therefore not be running EGR so I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of me having problems down here. I suppose if all else fails, I can affix my old EGR valve to the intake manifold somehow and make it look like it's hooked up, haha.

Thanks,

Wes

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

theres a few guys around you actually, i have an 85 k5 with no cats egr with headers and not sure what air is... all the crap hoses that come out of the carbon canister are just fed into the hole where the firewall and fender meet. they look hooked up. no bad leaks and all my lights and horn work. thats pretty much what they check for round me. im fully inspected till may.

3. kp texan

kp texan 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply. Well, hopefully they won't be too strict on me then.

-Wes

4. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

well you got an 88, there may or may not be more restrictions? i have no idea probably not.