Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any of you guys running this injection?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Steve, Aug 25, 2005.

1. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I am going to swap out my tbi for either tpi or this multipoint system.Is anybody running this setup?It's 1,000 bucks but seems worth it.You just need the high flow pump.It also uses the stock computer.
    [​IMG]

2. aggchevy4x4

aggchevy4x4 Newbie

Hey, I have a '91 Silverado K1500 and did the swap from tbi to tpi and love the results. I got a little better mpg and noticed a big difference in torque. I didn't buy that kit because I knew that I could do it a lot cheaper and get the same results. I got all my parts from a corvette at a junk yard, any tpi car will do. I got the tpi unit, the computer and wiring and all the accessory brackets. The install was pretty easy. But if I had it all over to do I would buy the painless wiring kit for the wiring. I spliced my trucks wiring to the corvette's wiring and it really wan't all that hard it just took a lot of time to get it looking really good and clean. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try and answer them. Hope this helps.

3. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I think I am going to do a tpi swap but I figured I would get opinions on this setup too.I have had a few tpi cars and the torque is amazing.I will aslo swap on some l98 heads to hold me over till I get some afr's.I may even do a stealth ram on it.A friend of mine has one on his camaro and said he didn't lose anything down low and gained a ton up top.