Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any one can help ??????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by binjabr7, Jun 16, 2005.

1. binjabr7

binjabr7 Registered Member

hi any one can help
    I bought these items from ebay some friend of min tell me it will not fit so
    pls help.& if it is ok what do I need next.,
    ////////////////////////////////////
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7980145061&fromMakeTrack=true
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33563&item=7980268371&rd=1
    //////////////////////////////////
    my truck.1994/ subruban /2500/4x4/8lug full floater 14 bolt diff
    with drum that you are able to take off and inspect the brakes without
    having to remove the axle shaft and hub from the axle.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the drum brake setup for your brackets is diffrent. thay fit the pressed on drums. i havent tryed yet but you might be able to swap in the old style hubs on the newer axle. i have the stuff but havent tryed my self yet. and i think its 78-79 only calipers for these swaps. good luck.

3. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

The ones he has got say 79-85 ?? But from what I have read it is like you said 78-79 only because in 80 and up they were different.. Also from what I read you are right on the brackets too you can change the hubs on his 14 bolt to the older style and they should work..

Now all of what I just stated is based on alot of reading because I want to do the swap too.. So I'm sure somebody that has done this swap will know for sure..

Oh yeah binjabr7 I think you should have asked these questions BEFORE you spent a couple hundred bucks on something you don't know if it fits your application... Just something to think about in the future.. Good liuck

4. binjabr7

binjabr7 Registered Member

mudslinger99
    sweetk30
    thanks guys I guess I was sleeping but it is a good lesson by the way I 'd too many good lessons :mad: