Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one deal with AZ Commercial General Contractors?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by perp, Jun 14, 2006.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I am looking for feedback from some of you who may have have good or bad experiences working with/for/as Commercial GCs. What I want is to begin bidding commercial stone and tile work again and I know from experience that i would rather get on the prequalified bidlists for contractors who come with good recomendations. I like to get paid for what my guys do and as a finish trade that is sometimes easier said than done:eek1: .
    Most of the GCs I used to do Commercial jobs for have dissapeared, i am guessing sold or moved or gone under. I have been doing production single famly homes (lots of Pulte) for the last several years and just want to expand back into the resturaunts and malls and such.
    If any of you guys are subs for a Commercial GC and are happy, please let me know (here or PM) as I really am trying to avoid starting at the top of the yellow pages columns.
    hopefully this is an appropriate place for this, if not let me know and I'll Delete it.
    Thanks
    Doug

2. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Stevens Lienwebber Const.- They mostly do TI work around the downtown area. Alot of custom work in high rises. If you can get in with them, they will keep you busy. We have consistantly been doing work for them for 3 yrs since we opened up our shop. Most of the supers are sharp but very demanding. But its part of their job. Oh, they always pay their bills.

Southwest Architect Builders- Also alot of TI jobs and a few shell bldgs. The supers there, know very little and probably will rely on your knowledge, except for one, he knows everthing and does'nt care about anything except his job and he wants it done now. We also been with them since we opened.

Willmeng Const.- Just started doing work for them, so I don't know to much about them, only that the owner committed suiside about 1/2 yr. ago.

Integrity Builders- Their OK.

Renaissance- We still do a little work for them, but had a hard time getting paid.

The first two I would seek out. About 75% of the jobs we do involve tile work.
    Good luck to you and if you do end up with one of these contractors, we'll probably cross paths, just to bad its not off road.

Let me know how I can help.
    Joe

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the good info Joe.
    I will definetly follow up it.

BTW, What kind of work do you guys do at your shop?

4. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Hey Perp, I am in the glass business. We do alot of custom suite entrances in high rises. Its good for my glaziers (thats what we are called) in the summertime. When I lived in So. Ca., I also did high rises, but all exterior work.
    We also do custom mirror work. We do not do any windshields or residential work except for friends.
    So if any of you ck5ers need any glass work, I'm the guy here in Phoenix. I think there is at least one other glazier here on ck5.

I checked out some pics of your trail rig, looks like it going to turn out awesome.
    Later,
    Joe