Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one else run into this problem?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Blue90, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Blue90

Blue90 1/2 ton status

Any one else run into this problem with ORD's steering box brace kit? It's running into the trans cool lines as well as the brake lines. I can break out the grinder and start fabin it up, but at that point would it still be that strong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ORD!.JPG

ORD2.JPG

2. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had mine installed that way and had no problems... I had to move the lines under the radiator below the brace to get that bolt to line up... might have to unbolt some of the brake line brackets to get it to work..

3. 88$PIT

88$PIT Registered Member

I loosened the brake line brackets at the frame to get the line to fit between the brace and frame better. I put some leftover rubber fuel line around the brake line to keep a hole from getting rubbed through it where it fits between the frame and brace. Tightened everything up and even though the brake line bracket wouldn't line up to the frame, it's all so trussed up nothing moves anyway. She's good to go!

4. Blue90

Blue90 1/2 ton status

Alright then.

Okay Okay, i can see that working, but what about the trans cool lines? Any suggestions there?:o

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i had the same problems. just move them around a bit. and i used a extra bit of a old rad hose over the oil cooler lines zip tied on to help protect against any rubbing threw.

but what little work you need to do will be out weighed with the new found steering responce and feal on the road.

6. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

A little grinding isn't going to weaken that bracket at all. I ground the crap out of my brackets at the oil cooler lines. You might want to consider doing that or at least get some rubber on the edge of that bracket that contacts the oil cooler lines.

Eric M.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  7. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Yeap... I think alot of us have had that same issue, but it can be resolved. I put corrugated plastic tubing around the oil cooler lines. It slides nicely on the lines without any wear and tear. I checked religiously for a while just in case, but haven't seen any signs of damage.