Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one from Kansas going to Midwest K5 Thing 03?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by BowtieBlazer, Jan 7, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Just seeing who and from what part you will be travelling from. A friend is eyeballing an axle and I'm sure he would compensate you for any trailer space it would take up to get it there...that is if anyone is trailering a rig over to arkansas.

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I am coming from the kansas city area If I don't trailer I will be driving but I have a pick up bed on my blazer, If my truck is not there I will still be going with a buddy with his 3/4 ton ford long bed. I would be willing to help out. Ryan

3. BowtieBlazer

Ryan:

I really appreciate it. I will keep you posted as to what is going to come through with the deal. April is still a ways off but I think my friend is pretty set on buying that axle. I may be towing my pop up camper up there and if I do you and your friend have a reserved space to sleep! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. backyardbuilt

That would be great I have been wondering what we were gonna do about accomadations for the weekend. That alone would be worth bringing the axle down for him. What axle is he looking at getting.

5. BowtieBlazer

He is a furd guy and is looking into a solid axle swap under his 86 EB Bronco. SO I think a d44 that would be coilover for him. Should prove to be quite flexy. He scored a 10.25 one ton for free last week so this should complete his project to go 8" with 38's. Even if he doesn't decide to pick up the axle I was wondering who else was going to fill the vacancy in our camper...since I made you the offer first I guess that will work....my camper sleeps 6 - 8 and if they have hookups for campers there I'll have A/C and Heat depending on the weather it also has a stove top and gas hot water heater.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I should be going. Its my younger sister's birthday that weekend but I doubt she will mind if I am home or not. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. backyardbuilt

That will be great, If he doesn't get the axle consider the beer around the camp fire free for you (if you indulge) for the accomadations. April is almost to far away, put then again I still need to put the D44 in and get the rest of my crossover steering parts bought and put in.

7. BowtieBlazer

Yeah I still gotta get lots of things done on weekends during the semester...I'm sure it will be here sooner than we ever think. Glad to have somethings going as far as planning already going...

8. BowtieBlazer

He just lucked out and loacated two complete D44's in New Orleans last night for $300 a peice....so I think the kansas questionable axle is out the question...so far my offer still stands.... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. backyardbuilt

Good for him, we will definetly take you up on that offer anything you want us to bring to help ya out since your helping us out.

10. BowtieBlazer

As of right now I can't think of a thing...when the date gets closer depending on how crunched my schedule gets I'll let ya know.

11. backyardbuilt

Cool I can't wait, it's gonna be a long couple of months.

12. BowtieBlazer

Yeah I am with you I am pretty stoked...will be one of a few more hardcore trips I have made yet, stock or not I had the funds set aside I should have gone to BB02 I have the video of the midwest spring k5 thing 02 and I confess I am a GM nut with a specialty in k5's and 4x4's. My name is Josh nice to meet all of ya... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. backyardbuilt

This will be the second trip with a group if I can get it done for the feb. 29 trip with my club to test out all the mods. I have always been open in the rearends now I'm locked and welded so should prove interesting.