Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one have go-carts for their kids?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, May 10, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i'm looking to get one for my 2 youngest kids. the batterie operated jeep is a drag cause the batteries only last about 15 minutes. anyone here have one or know about which ones are good? i want something that has a decent parts availability and service. also want it to be a 2 seater. anyone???

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

yeah, those are cool. but they cost more than most fullsize trucks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

still very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i used to have one. My parents got it at northern hydraulics. Was only a single seater but it was a BEAST!. Big ole mud tires on the back, full spool, 8.5hp Honda engine. It would flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Had it airborn many times, and in the snow on a dead end street it was a blast. Get up to top speed, slam on the brakes do 720's and keep ur foot in it while spinning. Awwwwwww the fun i had. Parent bought it for around 1200 i think, when i sold it i got 1000k back, and it was like 6 or 7 yrs old. (p.s never wear shorts b4 going and riding in a mud field, that really sucks)

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

those are cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

we are lookin at a yerf dog for the 8 year old because it has rear 4 link, and front coils also, with ifs, and even though its 6.5 horse, it will take a dirt bike engine /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    and its cheap, like 1100.00 and..AND the coils are adjustable for heith, it will raise the bottm 9" off the ground /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

10. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

now that's what i'm looking for. i just can't believe how expensive those damn things are! and that one you posted is actually one of the less expensive ones. i've been doing a lot of searchin on google tonight and go karts are not for poor folks /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

11. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

they have many lesser $$$$ ones /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thats thier biggest. i like the 2 seater since you can make em drive the siblings round and get em outta your hair /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Get 'em a 4 wheeler. Much better than a go-cart.

13. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

when he is a little bigger (he is 2 now) i'll bypass the quad and get him a dirt bike. right now a kart would be perfect cause his 9 year old sister drives him around in the battery operated jeep and they have a blast. only he gets pissed when the batteries die. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

you're not having fun if you're not burning gas~ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

We have one of these. Masters Of Motion The one we have is similar to this Got it at the local Wal-Mart.

15. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

Carter Bros are one of the top names ( carter bros website )

you might want to check out the Consumer Product Saftey Commission, they keep track of all the recalls on brands, etc.
    unfortunately this market has some good karts, but a whole bunch of sh!t!! Some are infact very dangerous for your kids to be on.

Make sure theres a guard that covers the belt or chain that drives it. Hair getting caught in the axles and belts is one of the main problems.

There are good karts out there, just be real careful when you look over one to buy and make sure it's the safest one out there.

Good Luck and keep those kids safe!