Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any one have k5 seats in there pickup?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Sep 2, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

if so did you do it? and how?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I dont' even have K5 seats in my K5! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you're gonna adapt some new seats anyway, might as well get some that are more comfy and provide better lateral support. Right now I have a set of Recaro copies that Ford put in the '84 Mustang SVO. They hold you in the seat VERY well, but they're a bit on the firm side for long days... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I've been eyeing some of the new rigs that have the entire seat belt and shoulder harness built into the seat itself. That would make for a pretty clean install. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know but these are free /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i could come up with something i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas to give me first.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Get the proper tracks for a regular cab with buckets. The K5 seats will bolt right on. Even then you will need to build a small tower for the front inboard corner of each seat. Factory bucket cabs have this tower, bench cabs don't. The passenger bucket does not use tracks either. Its fixed-mounted with a bracket on each corner.

I got buckets from an '87 regular cab K30 for my crewcab. Found out regular cab tracks don't work in a crewcab... needed suburban ones instead /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Being a cheap bastard, I heated, bent, and spaced up the track to fit my floor. Still had to build that inboard tower on both sides. Fabbed new rear brackets for the passenger seat.

IMO, the buckets are well worth it, even though they are basic vinyl. One of the few factory seats I have sat in for long drives without getting a back ache.