Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one have the 300 HP jasper motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Monster, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Monster

Monster Registered Member

Just wondering if the jasper motors are any good?

2. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

well i've heard good things about them, and i've heard bad things about them...
    a friend of mine has a jasper in a suburban, got close to 200k on it....but i've heard more horror stories than good ones....
    when i had my gm crate engine delievered, the truck driver said it was the best looking engine he'd ever dropped off, he delivers for jasper and said it seems like half the time he'll drop an engine off, and pick it back up a few weeks later when it blows....
    now granted this could have just been him tellin tales, but i half believed him, he had four on his truck, two going to customers, two going back to jasper...
    i dont want to completely scare you off from them since i've never used their products, and one of my friends has had great luck with them...
    but personally i wouldnt buy from them...
    just my 2 cents

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Are Jaspers somehow in cahoots with Caterpillar?

I vaguely remember the name "Jasper" when I went with a friend to pick up his 350, and it was at or near a Caterpillar facility. He broke a valve spring in it shortly after install, but that was the only problem. Again, not sure if it WAS Jasper, just seems that the name fits...