Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one here a Real estate agent?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CK5, Mar 7, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just wondering if you like it, thinking of changing careers.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I know that our agent didn't do squat and made a killing.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

I'm not but my sister is. I will get her to send you a PM on the ups and downs of it.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Burt4x4 wife is.. They are in the process of buying a second house.. So she must like it....LOL

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I can see it now, Steve giving tours of the local houses up for sale in the UAV. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Whooooooooooo.
    Let me get this right. You want to change careers. Isn't CK5 and Off Camber your job now? Or have I missed some thing here?

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Whooooooooooo.
    Let me get this right. You want to change careers. Isn't CK5 and Off Camber your job now? Or have I missed some thing here?

[/ QUOTE ]
    he needs more income /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well thats easy just make everyone pay up or give them the big boot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I can see it now, Steve giving tours of the local houses up for sale in the UAV. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Hey, if that's the case, then I wanta go look at houses.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was thinking about it too. Lot of money to be made, but there's a lot of competition (around here at least), and it's very cutthroat.
    When I was thinking about getting into it, the market was starting to turn down, so there were becoming too many agent's, not enough real estate.
    Good luck if you go for it, though. You can make a fortune in it if you're successful.

11. CK5

I need a job that actually gives me an income. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I need a job that actually gives me an income

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't we all. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Why don't you try /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Ive been considering the same carrer move Steve. When my wife looked into it a few months ago she figured if she sold 3, $100,000 houses, which seems to be an average easy to sell cost in our area, she would make MORE than she did all yr last yr. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

After seeing the Doc the other day and her basicly telling me Ill most likely end up in a wheel chair if I dont find an "easy" line of work thanx to my knees, I am now the one thinking of going to school for RE.

Not sure about Co. but in Fla RE agents have to go to school 2 nites a week for 9 weeks, then pass the test. If you look into some schools, some are sponsored by offices and will take you on right outta school.

14. CK5

I heard that there are 1 month crash courses as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Not sure what percentage you get from a sale, I know the broker gets a big share though.

15. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The average down here is 6% agent, I cant remember the brokers cut but its pretty healthy.

So look at it like this, 1, $100,000 home = $6000 in yer pocket. If I am getting it right.

I would say the downside is if your not moving anything or the market is bad. But that pretty much relates to anything.

Have you done any searches for Real Estate schools in your area? Sandi called the school near us and had a packet in a few days w/ all the info you could need as far as the school itself.

Id say go talk to someone at an office near you. Like Century21. Thatll give you the best idea of what your local market and pay scale is. Theyll also know where to go and all other pertinent info. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have also heard of some larger non chain offices paying for the classes and such if they are needing people. Prob is they own you for a while that way.

The crash course is the way to go if you can lose the time from work. I have to keep working while I go, if I go that is. Seems like my area is overloaded w/ RE agents, but the area I live is EXPLODING right now. Im 30 miles from Tampa, and people are wanting to get out in the country.

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Around here its 3% for each agent (buyers & Sellers) and 5% if its the same selling/buying. Since the cheapest house around here is $225,000 and average is 375,000 Id say they make a killing.

17. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Steve,

I did some work at a bldg behind the Best Buy at I-25 & Colorado last year. (Exit 204?) Anyway, the address is 1780 S Bell Aire Ste 222. (303-744-1363) The company was Colorado Real Estate Institute. I spoke with the lady at the desk quite extensively about becoming a RE Agent. (still hope to some day!!) Anyway, they recommended a week long course. It might be worth checking out. I hope this helps.

I can see it now - COK5RE...Mtn property that you can only get to with a UAV!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif