Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one here REALLY good at Photoshop?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by white-rhyno, Dec 20, 2004.

1. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I need a huge favor. I know this sounds bad, but i need someone to take a picture of my truck front and rear and "graft" some bumpers onto it. And yes before you ask, this is to get out of my ticket FOR NOW. If you are interested, PM me and ill send you some pics to work with.
    Thanks Brad

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Umm, I think you need to take your medicine like a man instead of trying to worm your way out of this thing.................

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Agreed. Nut up and do the right thing.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Brad,

Just take pics of your K5 as it is right now and take them to court. I'd be willing to bet the ticket is thrown out.

5. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Worm my way out? So your telling me to put factory chev bumpers on my truck to take pictures just to take them off again? Come on now Bubba. Whats the point of that? I already told him i wont drive it around town anymore, no big deal, ill live with it. I see nothing wrong with photochopping some pictures

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

There is if you want to use those pictures to get out of a ticket. That's defined as unethical.........................

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

The courts around here state you must bring in a polaroid as to many people have tried chopping photos to get out of a ticket. It's probably going to be the same case at your location.

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Yo.
    When I come to pick up my Bronco tomarrow do you want me to haul that other front clip and a factory rear bumper over to you? You can slap that clip on and makeshift the rear bumper on for now until we can build you something else that will work. Maybe we can do that when you come over for New Years or something.
    As far as being UNETHICAL... who really cares... not like your doing abortions in an alley w/ a powerdrill and a coat hanger or anything... its a bumper...

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I had real pictures of my '84 K5 with mudflaps when I went in to take care of my no mudflaps ticket. The judges just asked if I had put some on since. I said yes, and offered to show the pictures, and he didnt even want to look at them. He just heard me say I had remedied the issue, and didn't even care to see proof.

So, possibly, you won't even need pictures. If anything, take in existing pictures, and quote the law, and describe how your bumpers do accomodate the law. Just explain that you built them to hold up to conditions that stock ones would not.

One other point I was going to bring up was that I had previousely received no warnings. In the past when I received a warning about a dim headlight or a bad taillight ground, I have always either fixed the problem, or stopped driving the vehicle on the road (either permanently or till it was fixed).

Sometimes you don't even know something isn't legal according to the laws until you are warned about it, and usually they give you one chance to correct it.

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

just tac weld some stockers in place.

not like they have to hold up for more than a few minutes to snap a picture.