Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one in Denver/Boulder want to wheel this weekend?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by 79ChevySB, Nov 7, 2001.

1. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone out there would want to go wheeling this weekend Nov 10/11? Is it even posible? Or has the snow started to fly? Still somewhat new to the area, so Im looking for some good trails. Only have 33's so I cant get to crazy.

2. co.offroad

co.offroad Registered Member

dont know if youd want to but i might be going up old stage rd out of colo spgs on sunday? that is if my wife will let me !! we found a pretty decent trail that cuts over to alma gray(just south of mt baldy..

3. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Heh... I found out how far 31s will take a K5 a couple weekends ago. Heh, heh.

WIsh I could go, but I still haven't fixed all the stuff I messed up the last time I went off-roading. Still need to work on my brakes and fix a busted trans mount. I think I might have blown out a rear shock too.

I'm in Longmont, BTW... Where exactly are you located?

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

4. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Yeah I would be interested. What day are you planning on going? How far is the springs from Denver?

5. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you had one hell of a good time last time you were out. Did you break all of that on the trail? I live in Aurora right now. Know how far that is from Longmont?

6. co.offroad

sorry it took so long to reply back had to work on the steering system last night (put a raised steering arm on ,adjusted the tie rod) its alot better now . the springs is about 60 mile away the trail is up old stage about ten miles(old stage is on the south end of the springs(by cheyenne mtn ) the trail is pretty rocky and tight in a couple of spots(almost made it all the way in my 89 long bed stock pu )give me a call if you want to hook up probably thinkin about 9:30 to 10:00 on sunday 1(719)637-2531 alan

7. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the tranny mount busted on the trail. It turned out my tires were all over the map for pressure, so that's why it felt like I had a busted shock.

I hate these tires.

It was a blast the last time I went wheeling. I definately need to think about larger tires, a lift, and a snorkel kit for future river crossings!

Longmont is north of Boulder, south of Fort Collins.

8. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

sounds like your staying busy. Im thinking I'll be able to go, but there is a small chance that I might have to work. Im going in tonight to find out. I'll let you know one way or another. damn work.

9. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

thats weird that your tranny mount broke. I have broke only one in my life and it was in my Camaro, they dont like curbs at 95mph. How soon do you think you'll have it fixed?

10. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Danno sorry to hear about the carnage on that tranny mount go with the urathane ones.

Eric

<a target="_blank" href=http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/>http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/</a>
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

11. Highlander

12. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm looking into something a little better than stock mounts.

I really need to get new springs and shocks after that weekend. Hehehehe...

Just bought a new air filter today. The old one was packed solid with all that dust we drove through!

13. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Oh, I used to blow up a tranny mount in my old Camaro about once a year. Heh, heh!

I found out that stock replacements are only $7 each for the upper and lower mounts at NAPA. I'll probably be crawling under the truck in the parking lot in the near future.

14. Highlander

I'd just bought a new air cleaner the day before we went and I couldn't belive the dust that was in it. If you need any help just ask me I'll be glad to help out.

Eric

<a target="_blank" href=http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/>http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/</a>
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

15. co.offroad

if you guys are interested we'll be meeting at the 7-11 just off exit 138 (circle drive )which will be on the right about a block up between 9:30 and 10:00 leave at ten and go have some fun!!! you cant miss me i drive a 71ORANGE GMC JIMMY 4" lift 33s my bro might be there w/his hibrid blazer PU. look for us for some fun!!!! Alan

16. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offer. If you were closer, I'd probably take you up on it! It shouldn't be too hard to change those mounts, should it?

I wish more people from CK5 lived in my immediate area.

17. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Sucks you cant go, I cant either, have to work. Thanks for the info on the 4x4trails.net I'll check it out. Maybe next time both of us could make it.

18. Highlander

Well I live in Lakewood off 20th &amp; Simms but I wouldn't mind If you need a hand just ask. As for those mounts their not to hard to do. just two bolts well six if you count the skid plate. Just jack up thr rear of the tranny. come to think of it you mite need to lower the cross member. have fun

Eric

AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

19. Highlander

Yea thats if my other half will let me haha

Eric

AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

20. co.offroad

wish you guys could of went with us , didnt make the whole trail to much snow , about 4 inches. but we broke trail for about 1/2 mile!! that is to much fun !! and guess what NO carnage!! i guess ill have to wash the truck since i dont have anything to fix!! maybe we can hook up next time though. alan