Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any one in the MAINE/ NH area?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Nov 12, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

just wodering whos out there in the local states, might be planning a get together if there are good #'s up here
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I am, but you already know me and know I'm in nashville. lol, I'm just being a wise ass. Keep in touch man.
    Ben 87 Jimmy /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

hey there i'am over in southern NH. i've also been wondering if there are any more ck5's up here in the great northeast. i think there are some folks in mass and RI. 40 acres of back yard , wow i'am drooling. i don't get out and wheel much because there isn't many spots (i know of) around here, (recently moved up from mass). plus i love to work on my rig and get just is much joy from that.
    so yeah i'am kinda local, and i'd go wheeling.

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

You know I'm down here Mil. I' like to see a get together of us Yankees, but my dance card is kinda full for next few months. But keep me in the loop, I want to know what I'm missing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

Hey I'm in Southeastern CT, 1 mile from RI, 2 hours from NH and 1.5 hours from Boston. I would be interested if theres a get together.
    Joe

6. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I'm still a stones throw away lol

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. konajoe

konajoe 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm in Mass

A CK5 get together sounds cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Joe
    79K10
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. milspecjimmy

awesome, sounds like every one wants to get together, maybe we can all work together to rustle up some trails in the N. conway area, try and keep it central, and something before we get too much snow. maybe the first sunday in dec? small road trip some nice senic trails and a good late lunch/dinner at a classy resturant with about 10 lifted K-5's out front all dirty /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am all about it, lets see what we can do to get this rolling. i dont have any trails up here that would keep us busy too long, few pole lines, and i wouldnt feel right about having every one drive to me, hell half the fun of these things is the road trip involved. any one who can help and go, or that just wants to help, or go. let me know. pop a post in here or PM me. Any one against december 8th? atleast we'll have a time, now all we need is a place. im up for a good couple hour drive, so if you know of some where let me know
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

Cant help with location, nothing to exciting around here but sand. I imagine there must be something around Southern NH or north of Worchester, MA.

10. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Hi,

I'm in Nashua NH right now. Moveing to Hillsboro this week end, that is if the closing on the house gose well friday morning. Will be real close to Hedghawg Mtn. Too bad it has been closed by the owner.

have to finish putting the Blazer back together. Lookin forward to getting a run together.

Russ

11. Charly

Charly Registered Member

12. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

I'm in southern RI, and I've been looking for places to wheel in NE since I got my blazer. My 78 crapped out so I bought myself an 89 and am in the process of swapping everything over. I won't be ready by december, but PLEASE keep me posted.

13. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Ah North Cornway, my old stomping grounds. Don't know of much for good wheelin' in that area. Maybe you could talk the town of Bartlett into opening the Bear Notch Road after the snows fall. Or this place http://www.mountmadness.com/. Think they had a Heep event there a month ago.

14. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

wow good # of people out there. yeah i'd be interested in a run up in conway nh, and those plans of grub and stuff sound great. the only thing holding me back for dec 8th is i want to get my swampers that i have'nt bought yet on my rig. but i might have them on so yeah i'd drive up there. i love a good road trip, and the white mountains are my
    home away from home. so do you know of any trails up there? i'am sure we can find something.

15. milspecjimmy

well i guess were a go for DEC 8th, still in need of some trails, and remember a 1 hour trail by your self might turn into an all day event with 10 people on it.

16. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

this is unrelated to this post , but since the only ones checking it would be local guys i figured this was a better spot then the for sale forum(for now)

stepmom wants to sell jimmy, here's the low down.

86 jimmy "completely stock" with 130,000 miles, this was a GEORGIA truck brought up to NH 3 years ago and it is very clean, only hints of rust color starting to show on some of the underbody. i would bye it but i have on money pit already.

305 engine/np 208/ blah blah blah its all stock so you guys know what it has.

anyways if anyone is interested or knows someone who is , pm me back. she's thinking its worth 2600-3000$ for somthing this clean i'am thinking thats a steal, what do you think is a good price???

17. milspecjimmy

well you got two k5's, but do you know of any trails?

18. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

no i don't know of any trails up there, yet , but i will be asking around.

19. milspecjimmy

awesome, the more info, and people getting that info we have the better.

20. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I can throw a rock into NH and MA from where we live in VT...

If you do end up in North Conway- one way to get the women to give you the "okay" is to tell them about all the outlet stores....ehehhehehe...I won't be able to make a run this winter- but next spring, early summer we'll be all set. Oh wait, I don't take my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif off road..woops. anyway, let me know if you guys do something in the spring, it's an excuse to go to North Conway!

Brandy