Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one intersted in a short wave ant

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by mudhound72, Nov 30, 2006.

1. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

I bought a house a few months ago and it came what I think is a short wave ant set up, as of right now I have no use for it so wondering if any one on here is intersted in it

5804 Main st Butte des morts 071.jpg

5804 Main st Butte des morts 072.jpg

5804 Main st Butte des morts 073.jpg

5804 Main st Butte des morts 074.jpg

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks like a beam to me. Not short wave, more CB or ham type antenna. Worth $$ to the right people providing it's in good condition. What do you want for it shipped to Omaha, Ne ?? I might be interested if the price is right. I’d want the rotor and all with it.

3. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

Ok cool now someone has a idea what I rilly got, I not to sure on the condition as far as from what I can tell the wires are good to go I have not climed up the stand to check out the rest. I have no idea on what this is worth also.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Honestly, your best bet would be too find some local CBer and see what they'd offer. If you don't need the tower, sell it all together and let them take it down. Around here you’d get at least a couple hundred buck, probley a little more.

5. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Actually it looks like a cubical quad - does it have more then 1 wire running around the radials? If so it is a multi bander and definanately worth some money. The smaller antenna below looks like a 1/4 wave ground plane for VHF - might be 2 meter or could have been for a scanner.

Ditch the CBer and see if there is a local ham club. They will know what it is for sure and might find a local buyer for the whole thing and take it down for you to boot!