Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any one know anything about 3 wheeler?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Jan 3, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

honda atc 185
    what displacment is that moter? and how fast or powerfull are they?

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

My buddy is showing up in a bit and I will ask him what his is, I believe it is that one.
    It's a 2 stroke and is pretty freakin fast, it has dumped me on my back more than once.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm you sure thats not like a 250R..(honda) those are like the racing ones...110, 125, 185, and 200 or big reds seem to be all utility type ones...but they may be fast...i have no clue ive never even ridden one...i was thinking of buying this 185 i saw in the paper for 425...i need something ot play with..

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

nevermind it's a 250

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thought so /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...so does any one know anything about a 185?

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok i found it..its a 180.2 CC...5 speed automatic trans..

7. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't spend $425 on a 185. I only paid $175 for mine and it came with an extra motor, it ran like crap, but I kinda expected that so I'm parting it out now. They're not all that fast either. If I were you I'd try to get a 200x, got mine for $500 in ok condition, but I will have spent about $400 more on it by the end of next week (new (used) brakes and cylinder bore/new piston). I'm about to sell my Arctic Cat to buy another toy, gonna be a dirt bike and another trike or just a TRX 250r or 400ex.
    Check out www.3wheelerworld.com and www.3wheeler.org , I'm a regular poster on both.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow...how often do you come by a deal like that though!! i see those 200x's gor for like 800 and up mostly!! i cant find good deals on any thing..this is the best deal ive seen yet! i want something pretty fast that i wont get bored with..and something that i can fling some mud and snow with to..(besides the truck)..i can do some work on it if it needed it but i would want something that at least ran and moved..

9. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Four stroke with no suspension. They're fun as hell tho. Put some haulers on the back and have a blast! Wheely all day long.

10. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

does the 185 you are looking at have just a crappy suspension fork (3-4'' travel) and no suspension in the rear, or is it one of the few 185's that actually came with rear suspension? If it does have rear suspension, buy it, if not I would hold off for something that does. I have a 110 and 125m, and having no suspension sucks donkey balls at any speed over 10mph /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifthey are by no means fast but they always get me home /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. If you are looking for fast AND reliable, look for a 200x or a 350x. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif