Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any one like old ford cars and trucks..??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5 krawler 50, Dec 6, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Had a 1967 GT390 for a few years, faaaast car.

I like the Fairlanes, 66/67/68/69.

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm drooling.

[napoleandynamitevoice] LUCKY!!!! GOSH..... [\napoleandynamitevoice]

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

My first car was a 68 Falcon 2DR w/ 47K original miles. It still had the factory tires on it when my mom bought it for the unbelievable price of $400.

After that it has been all GM cars and trucks for me.

6. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

the video wouldnt work for me.. i'm not a big ford guy either.. but i do like th0 che old style ford trucks..79 and down, and i love the early broncos.. and the 65-69 mustang was way cool too.. there are some others i like too but i am totally a chevy guy.. i wish my dad would have kept his 70 chevelle ss 454 over that little mustang.. but oh well.. its still not a bad car..

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I love old cars and trucks any brand. I had a '49 Ford F-1 P/U in High School. My best friends dad had a '34 Ford P/U, another friend '54 sedan (4 door), Sister had a '66 Mustang & My dad had a '64 T-bird.

8. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i love classic mustangs, that fastback is awesome, my buddy has a 66fasback with a 5.0 HO EFI, and a T5 5spd in it that were about to finish up... im also co-president of Oklahoma's largest Mustang club, mostly newer cars, but a few classics too. my current street car is a 04 Mach 1, Competition Orange, Torque Thrust II's

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Favorite FORD????

I never really liked Fords very much--until my brother bought a 1932 Ford 5 window coupe with a 63 409 V8 and a muncie 4 spd in it!..scariest ride of my life was in that car!..he pulled the 409 out in favor of a new 350 crate motor..it was simply un-drivable with the 409--let the clutch out at ide,and it would pop little wheelies every time the engine surged due to the hot cam in it!...it was still a screamer with the 350 in it,an was by far THE best looking street rod in my opinion..classic good looks with that super long heart shaped grille..he bought it for 1800 bucks about 20 years ago..After he sold it,the guy who bought and owned it for 18 years lost in in a house fire!--his hot water heater in the garage started a fire..it burnt the car to the ground(and the garage and some of his house as well)--killed his dogs,and crippled his little girl too..the car was valued at 35,000 bucks--but was unregistered and insured and stored away for the winter when it burned..I think the older mustangs are ok..the 66 Fastback 2+2 a friends dad owns to this day he bought brand new,and restored 3 times (frame off!) is my favorite body style..next best would be the 69 Mach 1 ..the Torino GT Fastbacks ,and Fairlane 500's were pretty neat too,as were some Ranchereo's..The Ford "Hi-Boy" pickups were pretty cool too..I never had a Ford,in my 30+ years of driving,except for a '69 Mercury Cougar XR-7 I had for two whole days..351W,FMX tranny,console,buckets,sequential tailights,etc..my friend wanted it more than I did,so I sold it to him for 300 bucks,after I had just paid 150 bucks,and did a complete tune up and a muffler..I found it was plauged with wiring problems...first night I had it,my dad woke me up at 3am--said someone is stealing the car you just bought!--I went outside,and found it was cranking over all by itself--and all the wires to the solenoid were glowing red...had to put in a junkyard harness!..I never hated Fords as much as I hated looking up parts for them--always 2 choices of everything at least..no such thing as "they're all the same" on any Ford product..bring your production number,VIN,and the name of who assembled it that day,if you want the right part the first time...The Ford I like best now is my 95 Contour!--not only because it was a gift,and because of who gave to me--it gets 32 mpg,avtually goes pretty good,and is safe and dependable (so far!)....never thought I'd say it..but I like Fords too..but I like GM trucks even better!...

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

A partial list of my past Ford projects:
    62 Falcon with 390, all K code suspension.
    50 Ford 2 door sedan with 351C and C6
    67 XR-7 Cougar with 351W and 3 speed
    63 Fairlane Country Squire with 351W and C4
    64 Galaxie Hardtop with 390 and factory OD, swapped to T10
    42 Businessman's Coupe with a 3/4 flattie
    55 Merc Monterey with 292 1st Gen Holley 4 barrel
    53 F100 stock 6 popper and 4 speed
    I may get my hands on a 70 T Bird with 47K on it, but it has been sitting outside for 15 years, so the paint and top are shot-429 Thunder Jet

Old Fords are cool. Beautiful bodies.

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Not before I get it first!!!!!!! :p:

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The only old Ford car I like/love are the '67 Fairlanes. :bow: :bow: :bow:

The old Ford trucks I like are the '67 up to '77 F250 Highboys. And also the '78 & '79 F150 SWB 4x4's.

13. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

If I was going to build me an old Ford, I'd probably want to build me a '39- or '40-bodied moonshiner's car, with modern suspension however. Engine would be the biggest flathead I could build, but backed up by a modern five-speed or six-speed tranny.

14. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

My suburban was bought to tow my 65 thunderbird occasionally. Funny thing is the suburban's trans gave out one day and the thunderbird pulled the suburban back home. The birds big 390 pulled smoother and easier than the chevy ever has.

I just picked up a 76 f250 4x4 with a 429(not original) but for $300 and moving under its own power I can't wait to play with it.

I'd love a nice 50's or 60's ford pickup. I also saw a 60's ford 1 1/2 ton brush firetruck once that looked kind of like an old suburban, and would have made even the most diehard chevy fan drool over it.

15. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I'll split it with ya buddy. I get the motor, and you can have the rest!:haha: :haha:

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Gee Thanks. :rolleyes: :p:

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'd like to do the same thing with an old car. My dad has a 100% original (except paint and consumables) restored 37 or 38 Chevy Sedan. I've been itching to drop a 350/700 combo in it...
    He has a 46 or 48 Chrysler Limo that's currently gutted, and he has a front subframe from some modern car to put under it for the better suspension and disc brakes.

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator