Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any one running a linear

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Nov 21, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about getting one but I think it would bleed over all chanels on the trail...and bleed over the radio, and the toaster, and my tv...ect. Any input?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Are you talking about CB or Ham? If your talking about CB, I wouldn't do it. Not that much gain for the jail time and fine you'd have to pay if you are caught(it's a federal offense), and you can be caught very easily.

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

3. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

I run one and use it everyday, 250 watt. I like it and have several buddies and know alot of truckers are running power as well. As far as getting caught, if you are just using it to talk and not being an ass and using common sense when and where you use it no one will ever bother you. FCC has better things to do than hunt down a redneck like me for boosting my signal, its all up to you if you are worried about gettintg caught don't do it, think of it this way and yes I know I am trivializing it, your not supposed to take the catalitic converters off your truck but does anyone give a damn if you do not realy, thats the last thing on a cops mind. I know I'll catch some flak from some of the more conservative guys but heck a redneck just has to run power. Take care man and goodluck whatever your choice.

When the mud gets deep and the hills get steep we'll find out who bought the parts that were cheap.

4. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Don't worry about getting caught! And as far as "bleeding over" maybe the other guy has got a "crappie" reciever.

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I've been runnin a 150 watt unit for 4 years now...works great when you are out in the boonies and tryin to get a signal out or in. And yes they are ill legal....but as stated before...if you are not bein the stereo typical chicken bander...and you are not fouling up your neighbors tv reception because you thought a 1000Watt unit was just right...you will not have any problems. I only use mine on the highway and on the trail as it is pointless to try and compete against the big watt home units...not to mention things are so darn cluttered in town. Just my 2 cents.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

6. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

All the guys I know back home run them. I want one but just don't use the CB enough to justify it right now. I know a guy that sells them at a CB shop. I will eventually get one when I have the extra money.

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56 http://www.keith.coloradok5.com

7. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I run a 250 steped up to 350 and love it I am thanking about geting a 2500 watt amp next year.

and I heard that the fcc truned Cb bands over to the locales so if the cop in you area are ass holes I would not run a big one

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what is a good price to pay 4 a 250 or 350 watt amp?
    thanks in advance

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

9. James90

James90 1/2 ton status