Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Part Store chains carry Spicer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Jul 31, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Checked the normal Autozone / Discount Auto and thought I would ask before I began searching the countryside. Do Any national Chain Part stores carry Spice U-joints and bearings/seals?

BTW- The Kingpin Job was no sweat compared to removing the 20 year old D60 axle Joints. Talk about rusted solid. I had to break 4 of the 8 c-clips to get them off. Broke the tip off of 2 scredrivers in the process.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check with your local driveline repair shop. Out here we have Driveline Service. They have Spicer stuff at reasonable prices. :cool1:

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I think Napa and Pro Auto can get those, if you have these store where you are

4. BigCountryx

Guess I'll check with Napa, thanks.

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yep Napa does :D

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I go to carquest for mine.

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my local napa couldn't get them, nor could my local carquest. there were a few driveline shops/race shops that carried them but are 50+ miles from me. i got mine for my 10 bolt from the guy who runs midwest offroad (link in sig) for 18.75 each. $5 cheaper that i could find anywhere else online. plus hes somwhat local to me so i don;t may much for shipping.

8. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

A few local 4x4 shops have stuff around where I live, they were reasonable on there prices but I actually bought all my spicer stuff from 4 wheel parts. I live real close to their warehouse in compton and everything was pretty cheap. Cheaper than anywhere I found it, but unless you can go in there and point in the dana catalog as to what you need I doubt you will find them very helpful. Even there so called "dana 60 expert" at my store was a freakin idiot who didnt know jack crap about those diffs.

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

None of the Napa stores around here carry Spicer stuff anymore, though you might find one here and there that can get them. The only place I can consistently get Spicer stuff if through a driveline shop.

10. BigCountryx

Broke down and ordered my joints on ebay (5-806x) for $65 for the pair. No body local had them or was very helpful in trying to get them. They were more set on pushing whatever bruteforce or pdq crap that they had in stock (My local Napa did say they could get themn in a day or two. But, what's the point in letting them order them when I can do the same?). I did talk to a guy at a drivline specialty shop that seemed at least somewhat knowledgable and said we could find them in stock most likely but he was too far out of the way to go by today. Figured if I order them they'll be cheaper most likely and be at my door in a few days. :rolleyes:

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Next time, try Six Sates Distributors. They carry mostly Spicer parts and IIRC, you can order off the net. If not, I know they will ship stuff to you. Their prices are very reasonable. I bought everything to rebuild a D44 for $120. That was to replace all the bearings (spindle & hub kits), ujoints, seals, etc...