Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any people stop taking..???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoSmog73, Sep 12, 2004.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Caffine...
    This is the end of the first week of not taking ANY Soda..(was drinking about 3 ltrs a day...No Chit
    and on top of that 3 excedrin (195mg x 2 so a total of 390mg plus the caffine in the soda)
    My body aches so freaking bad but I decided after having some kidney issues it was time to stop that and get in shape better and not to rely on the caffine to keep going...(been doing it for about 7 years now)
    I know it isnt DRUGS but oh well...

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i stopped drinking soft drinks today. last night my roommate and i were talking about how soda will eat away at stuff, so we put a penny in about 4oz of sun drop (for all you non-NCers, thats basically a really citrusy mtn dew). this penny was about black last night. this afternoon, when we took it out, it looked brand new. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

it gets better

my roommate is building an AMC 360 for his grand wagonneer, and he gave me a stock piston as a paperweight the other day. we got the idea to take the wrist pin and half of a ring and put it in the sun drop. this was a dirty motor, the pin and ring were both covered in grease. 4 hours after we put em in the sun drop, the submerged part was rust free, had eaten some of the grease off, and was in the process of taking the polished coating off of the metal. ill get pics tomorrow when i get out of class.

anyway, i dont think i want to be drinking anything that can double as parts wash. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That's just the citrus in the drink doing what comes naturally. Try regular orange juice...it'll do the same thing. Hell, most of the best hand cleaners out there are citrus based.

I'm a Coca Cola junkie, at one point having 6 or 7 cans a day...I cut that back to 2-3 cans per day right now and plan on replacing them with bottled water real soon. I still drink coffee though and don't plan on giving that up!

Rene

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

put a steak in coke and it will be gone in about a week, I think thats what it was we did it in middle school, I think I am addicted to dr.pepper, we ran out at my house and I thought I was going go nuts, I am trying to cut back a little, i used to go throught 2 12 packs a wk /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i used to go throught 2 12 packs a wk /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I was drinking about 3 litres of soda a day..
    My wife is s DR pepper freek too..

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Im drinkin one right know. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Im drinkin one right know. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Put tomato paste on a penny for a few minutes and it will come out shiny too.

Stomach will handle that stuff fine. Personally I'm more concerned with the other additives and where all that coloring goes than how acidic it is. Besides the fact it seems to rot teeth out from the sugar.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

If I had one pop or one cup of coffee I'd be so wired it would make me sick, I hate caffine.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifI've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a "depressants" only kinda guy...Infact I just ate a sleeping pill.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Been off it for a few months now. I feel better than ever, and I sleep MUCH better than before I quit. If I am going to have a soda, it's caffiene free.

11. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

i no this "freind" /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif who stopped smoking for awhile and at the same time stop drinking soda...not even realizing it till weeks later /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

probly is the citric acid, but i still dont want to be drinking that crap

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Dr. Pepper is my downfall. I can go through a 2 liter of it before I even realize I opened it. I haven't had any at all today, and I'm really trying to cut down my intake. I'm going to try to go 2 weeks without any. I'm pretty sure drinking all the pop I've been drinking lately has helped with my weight gain, which I definitely do not need, so I'm giving up soda altogether because diet pop tastes like rotten ass. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Dr. Pepper is my downfall.

[/ QUOTE ]Me too unfortunately, last time I had some I was sick for 2 days, if only they made caffine free Dr. Pepper.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

15. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i havent drank soda in years. i heard its makes your bones weak /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. anyways, yeah, i dont drink coffe or soda. every good once ina while i will nock backa red bull if i need to gewt soem late night energy. wowzas. one of those cans will keep me up for 2 days straight. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif