Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any PHX guys have a place to wrench?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by bowtiepower00, Sep 2, 2006.

1. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but I live in an apartment and don't really want to do this in the parking lot. Anyone have a driveway or empty stall I can use for a couple of evenings? Somewhere with a jack and or ramps would be ideal, though not required. I'm looking at a used chevy truck that needs a few things done to it, exhaust, fuel pump, tune-up, and other stuff like that. I'd also like to tackle a BBC cam swap if someone would like to guide me through it, i've never done one before. I can handle all of the work myself easily, I may need a hand with heavy lifting on a couple of occasions. I will have most, if not all of my own tools, I may need an odd thing here or there. I'm looking at a weekend or two worth of work, and would be willing to provide beer, food, and assistance working on your stuff if you need it. The truck should remain drivable inbetween wrenching sessions, though I may need to leave it overnight for a night if possible. Again, I don't need help or supervision, just a place to wrench without disturbing the neighbors, or alerting them to a new truck to steal. I am flexible with schedule, during the week would be fine too. I know I'm asking a lot. Thanks guys...

Nolan

2. bowtiepower00

Hello? Anyone?

3. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

Willing to come to flag? You're welcome to come to my house.

4. bowtiepower00

Yeah, I might be... I'm still deciding if I want to get the truck. It needs a solid weekend of work to be a drive anywhere, anytime rig. I'm checking on parts and such now, before I get the thing. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind.

5. mtnman

Just FYI, I'm a heavy equipment mechanic - have a crane, welder, loads of tools and am parting out several trucks right now. Could do a cam swap in my sleep!!

6. bowtiepower00

That's good to hear. If I get the truck it'd be a couple of weeks before I'd make it up that way. I'll let you know what happens, it's probably 50/50 right now. You don't happen to have any BBC parts or accessory drive parts layin around do ya? Thanks again...

7. mtnman

Might have some BBC stuff - maybe. Don't forget - I'm goin to BB06 and I gotta get my rig done first!

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Don't know much about a cam swap but I do have a concrete driveway and tools. This weekend would be bad but maybe next.

9. bowtiepower00

Hey guys thanks a lot. I haven't got the truck yet, not positive if I will. I'm heading out of town for a week or so next tuesday anyway, and it would be 2-3 weeks before I'd have all of the parts rounded up anyways. I'll keep you informed. The guy really wants it gone, and I think he'll let me do it in his garage... Thanks again...

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Offer still stands.

Course you could always come over to b.s.

Bring beer.:haha:

No really that'd be a good idea.:D

11. bowtiepower00

Can do... Give me a couple of weeks to get my travelling finished. I'll be in touch.

12. az88k5

az88k5 1/2 ton status

I have a shop in N. Phoenix, my neighbors don't mind me grinding till 2 a.m. in the summer or anytime for that matter as I have yet to talk to Johnny Law. I don't have the biggest collection of tools (always need more, expensive addiction), but I have a lift and a locking 45x45 building for the possible night stay..... Let me know.

13. bowtiepower00

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to be travelling until the second week of OCT, after that I may take one or more of you up on your offers, depending on what kind of vehicle I get. At the least we'll have to do some beer (or soda) drinkin' and bench wheelin'. I'm trying to get my tools shipped over now, and perhaps some parts (I've got way too many of both in storage, but not in AZ) depending again on what kind of vehicle I get. Thanks again...