Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any pics from blazer-fest yet?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoshA, Jul 18, 2001.

1. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I am anxious to see some pics and reports from blazer-fest! how did it go? I wish I could have been there but my blazer isn't up to the trip from slc,ut to cal just yet, maybe next year... so give up the details!

'72 blazer 9" lift YOKO mudders 35x12.50 350/sm465/3.73 UTAH

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

here are mine
    www.geocities.com/baja/5099

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

check the main board....gokartergo, cachevygal and burt all have pics posted...well links posted

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Here is mine......<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/gokartergo1>http://community.webshots.com/user/gokartergo1</a>

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just updated my website and I posted all the pic's I took from the Blazer Fest at Hollister.
    Check em out at:

<a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer&naventryid=100>http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer&naventryid=100</a>

6. harry

harry 1/2 ton status

all those pictures are great. I sure hope my 69 is back together in time for the next fest..

harry

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Cool pix, guys. Mine's the one in the group pictures that is the shortest.

Hey! Do I win the "lowest car" prize? &lt;GRIN&gt;

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Maybe we should have given the cruizin emblems to you............LOL

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

9. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

OK guys… looking at these pics is turning me a serious shade of green.... motivation to finish the 'rod project before the next fest.

Suspension height is one of those personal taste things. These Blazer-fest group lineup shots are the best G1 lift visual comparos I have seen! Can you all throw out some of your lift and tire size configs so that we drooler dreamers can have something to relate to? In particular, Steve... how does your hunting pard have his rig set up? That's my personal favorite and the stance I want to achieve.

Thanks for sharing the fun!

10. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Mine is the yellow one. She has a 4" lift (but looks lower than Steve's "Burt4x4"), and 36" TSL's.

Maby we need to start a post like the 73- guys did about distance from the axle to the frame to determine lift.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

71Resto,

I know that the red K5 you like has a 4" spring lift and 33" tires....maybe that helps?

Have you posted any other photos of your project recently? The last ones I saw were of the rocker panel replacement, and a patch on the rear floor area near the tailgate. I keep hoping I see more shots, or that someday you will send a URL with the entire restoration on a website......[​IMG]

-Greg72

Mine's the K5 near the far left....with the '69 grille, and the olive green canvas bikini top.

12. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

All of mine are on my webshots page.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

13. 71RestoRod

Greg72,

I haven’t had many photos worthy of posting lately. You know how it goes, new job w/ lots-o travel, home improvements, family activities… The weather has been great for working in the garage though. Of course it’s also been good for building retaining walls, laying patio brick, remodeling bathrooms, etc… Now that the Blazer bodywork-out is done, the checkbook workout is just getting started! Major purchases are slowing things down a bit. Nevertheless, I should be able to post pics of the completed chassis and drivetrain soon. Look forward to a FI 383, custom 700R4/205 and SF D60 rear w/ disks. I was going to post pictures of the reconditioned rocker boxes going back in, but I felt guilty for not working them up in AutoCad first (for all you guys out there that don’t have enough metal left to patch). Just takes time. For now, I guess I’ll have to keep getting up before I go to sleep if I’m going to finish the project before the next fest. What good is a rod if you can’t drive it 1,300 miles for the hell of it?

By the way, I picked out the ’69 grill from the crowd. Thought that might be you! Damn those trucks look good!

14. Steve_Chin

71Restorod, Greg's roght-on on the lift on my buddy's red Blazer: 4" front springs, 6" rear springs, 33" tires on M/T 15"x10" wheels. I think it's sweet, but after going to Blazer-Fest, he wants to put a 6"/8" lift on it and 35s. LOL!

Blazer-Fest was fun, but I'm also now kind of hedging on whether I'm going 4" or 6" on my Blazer...

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Steve-
    I wonder why he wants to get 6"front/8"rear springs and 35's...
    -http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/picsofryansblazer.msnw?Page=3

16. 71RestoRod

Steve,

Thanks for the info. It does look sweet... At the risk of being a real pain... can you tell me if the rear is all spring, or does he have 2" blocks on 4" lift springs to soften the ride? Also, are they soft or HD rated and would he change it (other than going higher!) if he were to do it again? Oh.. lastly.. we had a thread awhile back about the steering geometry... was this the truck that performed better w/o the dropped link... and does it have a raised steering arm? Sorry.. lots of detail. Trying to avoid the empirical approach.

TIA

17. Steve_Chin

He has all-spring on his rear suspension (4" front, 6" rear). All SkyJacker Soft-Ride... Yes, it was the same truck that had the problem when it had the raised steering arm but got a lot better with the dropped drag link and stock steering arm. The dropped drag link made a SERIOUS difference in the bump-steer that the Blazer had. FWIW, the suspension he has now (the 4"/6" combo) was what was recommended by SkyJacker. The RS9000s he hase are too soft as well.

18. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

dam,,, hopefully my trucks "trail worthy" next year..... im only 15 minutes away from hollister hills! are shortbeds that are a year to early allowed :)

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465 4 speed, rockwell tcase, edelbrock performer intake+carb, MSD pro billet http://communities.msn.com/68K10

19. Steve_Chin

Ryan, you know how it is... The grass is always greener. He liked the ride height your truck has and was looking at a lot of other 6"/8" trucks (Gen2s and another Gen1) and liked that height better. He also wants to run 35s without cutting on the body. I'm still on the fence...

20. Steve_Chin

Hey Steve... Is it cool for me to scab the pic you have of my Blazer and put it up on my page?