Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any pics of subs in 1st gen?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by LKJR, Aug 9, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

anyone here have pics of subs installed in 1st gen blazer where they aren't accessable easy and are fairly weatherproof?

Like em big and topless

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

LKJR,

Stay tuned....I am building some pretty trick sub enclosures for my '72. The whole story and links to a bunch of photos is in a thread on this board called "Subwoofer Enclosures Are Finally Going Into My K5".

For now the pictures only show the cabinetry....no speakers. The speakers should arrive this week, so I will be able to get the cabinets finished, and take some final pictures.

As I've been doing this project, I was thinking what a good idea it would be to put a polyurethane sealer on the cabinets before I carpet them and install them in the K5. Just a little added protection in case they ever get rained on accidentally, or splashed with water from mudbogging! MDF will accept water like a sponge, and it would be a shame for the cabinets to get ruined after putting SO much time into them.

Check out the photos and feel free to ask questions. I am confident that they will be secure (not stolen) due to the complex way they install behind the rollcage (the cage would have to be removed to steal them!) and once the final trim panels are built, you'll barely even notice that they are in there!!!

-Greg72

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

man Greg all I can saw is SWEEEET Job man, I love it, maybe I can work a deal and get some plans from you when it's all said and done

Like em big and topless

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the kind words....subs are coming in next week, so there will be more pics to view.....

Personally, I just can't wait to "hear/feel" these subs in action!!! [​IMG]

-Greg72

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

good deal, got me all worked up and excited, I really like that box design I'm anxious to hear how well it workes and see some more pics, nice job and keep it coming

Like em big and topless