Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any pics of the Bushwacker Cut-Out Flares?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bross82, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

Any pics of the Bushwacker Cut-Out Flares installed?

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

this is way back in the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stupidest things i ever bought /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, they are long since cracked and destroyed, and removed.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

If you plan to wheel you sh!t, don't waist you money on them. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Fender flares arent worth the material they are made of. They do a somewhat good job of keeping mud off of the side of your truck, but are big pieces of crap imho. They are overpriced, and if you ever happen to rub them against a tree or rock, they will crack and destroy easily. Dont waste your money on them.
    -Harrison

6. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I've got them on my burb. I've already replaced the front ones because one of them split. When they break again it will be an excuse to just /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the fenders and go with bigger tires /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ... so you guys just recommend straight cutting then and no fender flares at all? i need more room mainly up front, the 35"s rub when the wheels are turned in either direction going up into anything raised above the ground really...no problem if wheels are straight. anywhere i can read on or recommendations for how much to cut?? this is for now, just making enough room for the 35"s and to go offroading and not rub.

8. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

well, now that you've asked for my opinion....

those flares suck hardcore. i cracked mine with body flex, they never even hit a tree. they were the most expensive pieces of plastic i've ever bought. right now they are sitting on a shelf in my garage. pm me if you're interested.
    to answer your question, just keep trimming until the tires dont hit, and then make the other side match

9. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anywhere i can read on or recommendations for how much to cut?? this is for now, just making enough room for the 35"s and to go offroading and not rub.

[/ QUOTE ]

read here

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I put them on my rig because I run 44"x18.5 wide swampers and the Local Doughnut munchers like to give out tickets for the tires sticking out past the fenders........

11. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

thanks for the link. yeah the one bad thing i have noticed not havin them, in the winter time since the front fenders are a little narrower and the tires stick out, it sprays the road salt all over the sides. it turns from a black truck into a white one if its not cleaned off.