Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Pics up of EJS 2003 Yet? MORE PICS ADDED 4/26

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm Trooper, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I will be loading mine soon and woundered if any of you other guys that went had some? I will post a link to mine as soon as I get loaded er...a .. I mean, them loaded. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Bring them on boys!
    <font color="red"> More pics added Sat. 4/26 </font>
    I also want to thank all of you guys that helped out with the 11:00 PM till 3:00 AM clutch change out on my truck!
    Man you guys rule!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That was the fastest change out I have every done in the parking lot at night /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif (and I hope the last!).
    <font color="red">THANKS GUYS! </font>

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Any Pics up of EJS 2003 Yet?

, Hey Dave Wassup?? Sorry to hear about you clutch, I guess all you guys had some kinda carnage /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think Sandman had a post with a bunch of pics , look for " 170 pics of ejs " post.

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Yeah, Matt posted a bunch but I think it was the first part of the week. I still need to develop mine.

I think your clutch change turned into a big party Dave. The girls were getting crazy and I was mostly watching and drinking beer since you already had 3-4 guys underneath your truck.

I was having good luck until I left Moab... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah, I put up some here:

Moab Pics

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, Matt posted a bunch but I think it was the first part of the week. I still need to develop mine.

I think your clutch change turned into a big party Dave. The girls were getting crazy and I was mostly watching and drinking beer since you already had 3-4 guys underneath your truck.

I was having good luck until I left Moab... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok spit it out..what happend?

6. Shawn

[ QUOTE ]

Ok spit it out..what happend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I killed the engine... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Not sure what exactly is wrong yet but it's dead until I dig into it. Got a serious knock like a rod bearing along with a loud squeeking noise. My oil now has pretty silver glitter in it too... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Luckly Toby was able to tow me on his trailer all the way back from Moab last Saturday. Think the machine shop fawked up since I had deep grooves in my cylinder walls from piston rings not being set correctly. The shavings from that could of took my bearings out but I'm not sure.

Denver owners: Stay away from Western Engine!!!

7. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

Grim, if you were talking about me, it's a long story but I will try to condense it.
    I smoked my clutch I guess the day before trying to climb some big stuff.
    On Friday we went in on Posin Spider and where going to head out on Golden Spike trail. We had almost got to the crack (about half way) when I was chosting down a hill with my clutch in, when it reingauged! It almost put my spotter through the windshild /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. After that, I was stuck in gear with no clutch pedal. We pulled things and found a massive amout of shavings in there. I was pucking chunks out as I drove. I had to keep it in gear the whole way out (1st gear- 208 creeper). I had to make every obsticle without stopping. That is the first time I have done the crack non-stop!
    I had one I didn't make and had to get the winch from Toby.
    After getting down lower, I banged second. When I got to the sand flats I went for third then all of a sudden, "chunk!" I had my peddal back!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I drove it all the way out until I got to the highway when it gave out completly!!!!!!!!!!@!!
    <font color="blue"> The Trooper did not let me down! </font>
    Toby hooked me up for a free ride back /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif "Thanks Toby !"
    Then we went to dinner and started wrenching.
    As for a party? I never saw it once. But by 3:00 AM the truck was done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and that's it.
    THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE! You SALT LAKE BOYS RULE!
    now as for pictures, here is some of mine but I still have about 60 more.... Moab EJS 2003
    Shawn!! Man I'm bummed that your truck messed up! I didn't know /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Glad you got home OK and you know I would have let you use my trailer if you needed to.
    I hope it all works out.
    Please check back in a couple days for more pictures.
    Sorry if some are lame but some of the peolpe out there wanted to see them all. Thanks.
    Dave

8. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

i got afew from mike i'll load up !

9. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear about your blazer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

moab

11. Grim-Reaper

Man shawn that bites! Glad you got home ok.
    Any chance the shop will back up their work and take care of it?

Trooper lame pictures are still making me jelous! On PBB the got a carnage post in Gen4x4. Man they trashed some trucks!

12. Shawn

[ QUOTE ]
    Shawn!! Man I'm bummed that your truck messed up! I didn't know . Glad you got home OK and you know I would have let you use my trailer if you needed to.
    I hope it all works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the way it goes... The good thing is I can now change the engine in my sleep. Nice pics Dave!

[ QUOTE ]
    Man shawn that bites! Glad you got home ok.
    Any chance the shop will back up their work and take care of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to them and it sounds like they won't do sh*t since its past the year warranty. Thats the way it goes... Small claims would be my only option if I can prove they did something incorrectly.

13. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

14. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

What a jerkoff.

15. Sandman

[ QUOTE ]
    What a jerkoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

There seems to be alot wrong in that clip!

Also, why were the spectaters so damn close, and as soon as it appeared to be done rolling someone runs up, this seems to be a common mistake, the guy going to the rescue didn't seem to think and ran twards a blazer rolling his way, if it had of still had 1 more roll left in it that guy would have be having a serious headach or worse. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

No seat belt! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, this is just dump and makes us look bad, I wouldn't want to wheel with this guy, if he has no regard for his life then I wouldn't want him running around me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seems he also had a lot of right foot involed too, which leads me to think he has no lockers and probably should have left this part of the trail for the big boys! Oh and where was his spotter? With how fast he was going he would have ran him over so I guess no spotter was a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Sandman

That was Potatoe Salad Hill. Hundereds of people gather and people give it their best shot. No spotter and lots of carnage. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Also, why were the spectaters so damn close, and as soon as it appeared to be done rolling someone runs up, this seems to be a common mistake, the guy going to the rescue didn't seem to think and ran twards a blazer rolling his way, if it had of still had 1 more roll left in it that guy would have be having a serious headach or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

i 2nd that

19. Grim-Reaper

[ QUOTE ]
    Willyswanter posted this in our clubs forum...Short video clip of a 73-75 K5 rolling over...No seat belts, no cage, and no brains../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/john.bacoch//John/Blazer%20Rollover.mpg

Its pretty scary to watch....

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Willyswanter posted this in our clubs forum...Short video clip of a 73-75 K5 rolling over...No seat belts, no cage, and no brains../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/john.bacoch//John/Blazer%20Rollover.mpg

Its pretty scary to watch....

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifThose two yahoos are lucky they weren't killed. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif