Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any plumbers in the house?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OFFRDK5, Nov 24, 2003.

1. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My apt complex has some disabled people in it and the land lord said that all water heaters have a protector on them so the water doesn't go over 110 deg. Not warm enough for me. I feel like I am taking a very cold shower and clothes and dishes aren't getting washed properly. Anyone ever seen one of these things and how to turn it off? The temp thing on the water heater is set to "very hot" BTW.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you open up the little panels on the hot water heater(1 at the top, and 1 at the bottom)the temp setting dial is behind each of those panels. When you turn them tho, make sure that they both read the same tho. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I should have mentioned this is a natural gas heater.

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

You probably have a mixing valve on the water lines. Sometimes they are preset, but are usually adjustible. Look at the piping above the heater. Trace out the lines and they should go into a three way valve- 1.hot water from the heater, 2.cold water and 3.water line out to the apartment. If it is adjustible, it will have some sort of dial or adjusting screw on it. They usually are set for around 120 degrees, 110 is a little low for anything. A real plumber might answer here and explain better.