Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any point in keeping short style radiator stuff ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Aug 19, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what subject asks,
    been coming across short radiator trucks or parts lately, even 1 tons with 350 in them, odd.. GM was mixed up for a few years in 77-79 i believe. or ran out of large radiators ?

just checking before scrapping.

thanks
    R

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Might make it easier to mount electric fans? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can't really see a reason for the short radiator...I'd rather have a tall 2 core than a short 3 core.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Might make it easier to mount electric fans? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can't really see a reason for the short radiator...I'd rather have a tall 2 core than a short 3 core.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep yep,i agree,even with a 250 or 292 engine, stillwould want taller radiator definitely,

scrap time some more!

thanks

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It doesn't leak and you're going to scrap it? Send it to me, me and my friends will use it for SOME creation.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ive got a bunch of them, id rather save for copper recycling,i need the $$

unless you have soemthing low price for trade, id pay shipping.

dunno,

what ya think
    i have several two core small radiators used on the late 70s 350 and smaller engine trucks, top low mount steel retainer panels too for them, plus high 3 coreones and 4 core oens also,.

thanks

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

None leak? How much are they worth to you? For that many (and a 4 core) I wouldn't have a problem coming down to get it.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i can have them tested, 15 each for two cores, 4 core ill have tested,if is good thejn how about 45 ?
    i have lotsof normal three cores also, somealready tested.
    i have somewhere around 15 radiators here, probably more than that, i lost traack, i scrapped several radiators a couplemonths back as amatterof fact, again, , even one year old perfect ones, needed the dollars, so.. im goingto be scrapping four matching vintage 60s 14" GM
    RWD car slot mag wheels /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    and almost a full set of very super nice coupel year old american racing 5 on 5 pattern chevy truck wheels too, but missing one, are 15"

thanks

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'll talk to my buddies. They really won't fit any of my stuff, but my buddies are always building weird stuff and radiators would be great for them.

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

sell them to demo car guys for profit, and dirt tracj guys also, they always wanting radiators and will give $ for them if you can find them.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

We'd just use them for one of the toyotas or the scout with Chevy drivetrain or for the trucks that only leave the yard to go 4 wheeling.