Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any predictions for tonights game?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 5, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Lakers vs Spurs game 1... who's pickin who? I think this is gonna be a great series... Im pist that I dont getta watch it!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Duncan/Popavich got mvp/coty... and Shaq/Kobe/PJ prolly think they are better... so we'll see. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can hear the chants in the Staples Center right now... "MVP...MVP..MVP!!" Im a laker fan, so you know who Im pickin. This is a hugely important game, especially for the Lakers... if they are gonna put doubt in the Spurs minds and take homecourt, this game is huge. I dunno how big a deal the whole "put doubt in their minds" arguement is with the Spurs, they have some good veteran leadership and Duncan prolly isnt gonna let his guys get down just because they lose game 1. The Spurs have been resting Robinson all year, be interesting to see how well he plays vs Shaq... I predict some flops to draw some fouls. It'll be key how the game is ref'ed... sometimes they let shaq drop his shoulder into people.. other times they don't. Could be a long night for LA if the later is the case. Hopefully Kobe will have a good shooting game.

BTW, is it me or do the Lakers not take advantage of shaq like they should sometimes? Seems like fisher, kobe, george, and maybe even Horry (depending on whos guarding him) should be looking to drive and dish to shaq. Sometimes kobe does this and it really kicks azz... if the defender doesnt come to help kobe dunks... if he does a quick dish to shaq can mean a monster dunk. I dunno... seems like that just doesnt happen enough in some laker games... they sorta fall into a "get it to shaq on the block... if he gets doubled, some1 take a 3" type strategy. If they are making those 3s then the Lakers are pretty much unstopable.. but you can't count on em over the length of a whole series, you're gonna have one of those 3-15 from 3 type games at some point.

Im gonna put in my early prediction now: Lakers in 6. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

just wait till next year, when Tim Duncan is playin power forward right there next to shaq /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

well, dont quote me on that, but duncan has said that he wants to play for Mr. Jackson, and the lakers are in desperate need of a new forward, and they can afford him if they really want him, and he's a free agent at the end of the season /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif how great could they be then???

btw, jason kidd also said he wants to play there - he's also a free agent.

they wont get both, but one or the other could be amazing.

3. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

o, and im callin lakers in this one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

F*ck Jason Kidd. He is a wife beating scumbag. I hope he is never on a Championship team. As for Tim Duncan. I hope never to see him in any uniform beside the Spurs. I would be very dissappointed if he went to the Lakers.

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Lakers in 7, they will have to drop 2, win 2, drop one, then win out. At least that would make it interesting. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif No matter the sequence, I think it will take them 7 to dispose of the Spurs.

In other NBA action:
    Celtics
    Pistons
    Kings

I'd like to see the Lakers and Pistons get it awn. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Bah! Spurs will take it in 6. Sac will take it in 7 with the mavs. Then Sac will take it in 6 agasint the spurs. And take the championships. Just watch!

7. jekbrown

congrats to the spurs... they held on to homecourt. For a laker fan its encouraging that LA was RIGHT there at the end even though they lost shaq due to fouls and shaq/kobe got NO help... think their supp cast had pt totals of 10/4/3/2/2... that just aint to much production even from role playahs. Horry continued to shoot like poop... but he did get 14 boards... have to applaud the guy for that. George shot like crap, hopefully he will turn it around for game 2.

j

8. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

i agree that tim duncan should be a spur forever, and furthermore, that he should be on the same team as david robinson forever. but duncan said a long time ago that his commitment to the spurs only lasts as long as robinson plays. robinson is retiring at the end of the season, and there are very few places duncan will play. LA (well the lakers at least, not that other team /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) is at the top of the list /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

btw, im am in no way a jason kidd fan, but he is a good player. honestly tho, i hate him alsmost as much as i hate allen iverson /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. i hate his so much im giving him TWO angryfire faces (do they count as smilies /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) heres another just for good measure /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. jekbrown

ya gotta respect Iverson. If for no other reason... unlike a LOT of the young/rich PUNKS that populate the NBA these days, AI goes all out balls to the wall for 48 minutes every single night. Yeah, he prolly is a punk off the court, but atleast he isnt a loser while he's on it like Wallace or <enter other punk/under achiever here>.

j

10. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Actually AI has grown up.He has managed to stay out of trouble off the court and he even helps out in the community.So i have gained a new respect for him even though i hated him too.

11. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

ill take the mavs in 6 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif