Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any quadra jet experts in here?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, May 1, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey kid we meat again Ha Ha Ha got to my link and look at the pics of my carb and when you rotate the linkage on the drivers side the second part of the linkage (look at pic) should also open them maybe it isn't hooked up I can take pics of mine later tommarow and send to ya if ya want...But both sides should open the secondaires..mike http://community.webshots.com/photo/36877315/36877675RVfYMT

3. Zeus33rd

lol, Hey NoSmog. Just printed out a couple of your picturesand as soon as I find my flashlight, I'm gonna go out there and compare them. Also, don't know if it matters or not, but when ya operate the little secondary tang thing on the passenger side, it moves all the linkage on the drivers side too. Be back with an update in about 10 minutes....

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

It seams like a linkage problem to me but I am not an expert like I said last night...I know the fast idle cam is on the passenger side and I think that is the tang that you speak of...I will check my book ...mike

5. Zeus33rd

Just compared the linkage to your pics and it all looks the same. The tang I'm talkin about is the end of the shaft that the secondaries roate on. It's alittle rod stickin out about 1/2" with a small flat spot stamped in the end. With the motor running, I throttle it with the linkage on the drivers side and nothing. Grab that little tang and turn it, Everything turns and the secondaries open. It';s wierd. I might just ahve to take it to someone that knows carbs better than me.

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

ok I just added 2 more pics from a crab that is off on the bench and It looks to me like when the main throttle linkage goes to its limit then the one rotateing assm on the bottom passenger side rotates from back to front(fast idle cam) then to get the secondaries open the vacume is used to open the second rod (on the top linking to the secondaires) maybe it isn't getting enough vacume to open the secondaires
    I cycled the carb and looked at all the moving parts and thats what I can see
    Primaries ope then at there limit the fast idle cam is moved (lower rod) then the vacume is used to open the secondaries...Hope it helps...mike

7. Zeus33rd

Hmmm......It would be pretty damn cool if you just lived right down the road. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol....I wonder why if it worked ok with my old q-jet, why it would be different with this one.....I know the old one worked cause it sounded like a damn jet takin off, I loved it. Now theres nothin. Hmmmm......I should take some pics tommorrow and let ya check them out...Maybe you could figure somethin out. Also, Checked your webshots for the new pics, but they havent updated it yet. Thanks for the help......lol

8. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ha I wish I lived there NICE country...But then blazzinheart would have to get me a job with cal-trans first...LOL...mike
    But do look at it when it is updated maybe the diafram s/p that opens the secondaires is bad...mike

9. Zeus33rd

Ha.....Kim's Mom and Dad also work for Cal Trans. It's a familly thing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Someone could probably hook ya up. lol

The diaphram is the one thing I know works right. As soon as the engine starts and vacum developes, it pulls closed quickly. It's tight too....Have to give it a good tug to overcome the vacum. lol......If it's not one thing it's another.....REALLY approciate all the help bro. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I have a really good Q-jet book..If you need any pics let me now...Dan

11. Zeus33rd

Haha....I wish I had the book. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

12. Zeus33rd

Bah...this is givin me a headache...I'm goin to bed. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

13. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Did ya get it worked out...mike

14. Zeus33rd

Still workin on it...Ugh. lol, Check out the other post for details.