Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any railroad employes ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by yellowK20, Jul 8, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm trying Like hell to get hired on with Union Pacific Railroad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif As a Brakeman/conductor/engineer Basically working on/operating the train I have 5- 1/2 years experiance As a High Voltage Powerplant Operator/maitainer/mechanic and also work on High Voltage diesel powered generators . I also have some experiance with High Voltage switch gear and power transmission lines I "ve been In the airforce for over 5 years and I get out April 9th '04 And would really like a job In rail transport some where in the southwest If not I would Like to possibly work for a power company as Lineman/Groundsmen Any Input On either would be appreciated I'm looking for someones perspective who has or is doing one of these jobs Like hoews the pay,hours,benefits ,etc I have a good Idea but would like more input /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I used to have a four passenger go cart that rode on the abandoned tracks. It went 35 mile per hour and had disc brakes... Got 100 mpg on the 5 hp Briggs and Straton engine... Cool eh? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go-karts are cool I'm building one right now for my cousins with a 18hp kohler and a Ridiing lawnmower transaxle 4 wheeler tires all the way around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif