Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Rancho 9000 people out there?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Help Please,
    Im thinking of getting some rancho 9000's. I am going to use the blazer mostly on road but hope to do some off roading in the future. Also will be plowing with it this winter and thougt the adjustablity would be nice when carring the plow around.
    Is adjustablity a word or did i make that up?

Any advice on the shocks would be great.
    Thankyou, Bigmeats

Carl....75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

2. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I think that they are great. I ran them for a year on a Cruiser, and in a week or so I am going to throw them on my K/5.

You can adjust the front stiffer than the back when you have your plow on, and any other time, any time you feel like it.

[​IMG]

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude,
    RS9000's are definately the shock of choice. Awesome shock. Make sure you get the Incab dual remote control for it. Then you can control the setting of the shocks from inside the cab. Check out my site for a review on the RS9000s. I'm currently working on a review for the Dual incab remote kit. Should have that up in a week or so. I lost a part to it and have to special order it. Sucks. Anyways, check it out dude.
    Boss

The Boss now allows you to visit his site
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

It is a word, they shocks are great, get the duel remove kit to make it even better, dont have to get out and crawl under the darn thing to adjust them.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Hey when ever I lift my truck I want to put RS 9000s on it. I was wondering, does anyone have any pics of the incab remote? Also what is the difference between RS 9000s and RS 9012s I have heard about?

Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I have the 9000's and really like them. Haven't mounted the remote kit for it but it's sitting on the shelf with many other things.

The 9012 shocks are the same thing, thats the part # for the longest shock Rancho makes. I'm running 9012 shocks front and rear and so is Depdog.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Dawson,
    If you go to my site, you can see a pic of what the incab kit looks like, but its not installed either. I will be installing it in a couple of weeks. Go to the "Mods" section. You'll see a pic of it.
    Boss

The Boss now allows you to visit his site
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

8. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Anyone try the RSX Rancho shocks yet? They are supposed to be the 9000's but self adjusting. Does Rancho sell the kit to upgrade to dual steering stabilizer and dual shocks?

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!