Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any real world exp. with the 56's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Apr 4, 2006.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

after deciding im a dummy:whistle: and didn't measure before i started----

who here has real world expirence with the 56" leaves.

where are your front mounts, shackle length, (moved yes/no) short side towards the front or rear. daily driver/trail, etc.

Im still going ahead with the 56's, i just want to know whats ahead of me.

real world please 1st hand exp please he said/she said will be taken w/ a grain of salt:D

thanks

Dan

p.s. i looked at mikeys 52" super post (thanks:waytogo:) and most posts were aver a year old for the 56's

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i had some in the front. Had 8* shims to correct pinion then my crossover draglink hit my springs when the pass side dropped. It was a managery so went to 52s and happy now and still awesome travel

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I have them in the front of my trail truck and like them prety well. I would have used 52's but when I was building the truck, it was originally a 2wd and I had drilled the holes for the rear upper shackle mount in the stock location and didnt want to use them again, so I used the 56's and they seem to work great. I also have 8 degree shims and they give me a good pinion angle at ride hide, but I havent really flexed it to the max yet. I have the front body mounts swapped side to side and the short ends of the springs forward, so they move the axle forward 4". My draglink and pitman arm also hit my springs at the moment but the draglink is a bent one made for a 6-8" lift and my truck only has around 3-4" of lift. I just made a straight one and will be swapping it in along with a ford van pitman arm and this should fix those problems.

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i thought about a straight DL or space up the crossover amr DL mount up an inch or so would provide plenty of clearance I think. I said screw it and already had a set sitting there so just moved hangers and put 52s in.

5. SCOOBYDANNN

thanks guys---:thinking: hmmm, gonna have to think this over

6. SCOOBYDANNN

so no one else???