Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Rednecks Out There?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CruisinK5, Jul 17, 2000.

1. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I am from the south and I was wondering how many redneck blazer fans there are. Any of yall have dixie horns or rebel flags on your trucks? Any of yall have duct tape holding something on your truck?

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

2. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

i guess to a select few I may appear to be a little bit of one,but nothing is jerry rigged on my blazer, and i have a dixie horn too.

Your right I dont understand the jeep thing!?

3. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Come on now....everybody's got a little duct tape on somethin'...redneck, hillbilly, or other.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

4. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I don't have anything jerry rigged on my blazer either. I was just giving an example of something a redneck might have on his truck, heehee. I do however have a couple of rolls of duct tape in my blazer, you know for emergencies.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I probably have 2 whole rolls of duct tape used on my truck. Heck, if it wasn't for all the rigged up parts it wouldn't even run!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Rednecks huh?? Do I classify as a redneck if I have a sticker that says, "Redneck" on it?? I have a Rebel flag sticker that I haven't put on yet. I also have a Rebel flag that was hanging from my rearview mirror. Does that qualify me for that??

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

7. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

It really depends on who you ask as to if I'm a red neck or not. By other people's standards...yes. As to the rest of my Dad's side of the family...NO! They are all worse than I am! LOL...at least I have something to aspire to!

8. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

I have a rebel flag as the headliner in my truck. The previous owner had a hole in the cab for a cb antenna which he had drilled all the way through the cardboard headliner. To cover it up I put my rebel flag up there. Looks great and just about everyone in a car on the road looks up and what do they see first? That's right- the flag. Glad to be from the South. Love it or leave it!!

CHEVY - "THE HEARTBEAT IS GETTING LOUDER"

9. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

That is a totally cool idea about the headliner. Some people lookat being a redneck as a bad thing. I am proud to be a redneck!

10. 71_Tman

71_Tman Registered Member

I'm originally from Virginia. Now living in Colorado. I have a full size rebel flag strung up in the roof of my 71. I also have a bumper sticker that says if a Yankee asks for directions tell him to make a U-turn.

YeeeeeHAAAAWWW

Of course if yall drive a Blazer I don't care where yall are from.

11. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

12. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a confederate flag for my headliner too. When I first got my K5, the only thing up there was the cardboard piece. I needed a new flag in the house anyways so I took my old one and put it up there. I used double sided tape for fear of glue or adheasive bleeding through. But that was almost seven years ago, and now you can see all the strips of tape, and the Louisiana heat has made the tape not stick too good. If it wasnt for the tucks around the edges it would have just fallen all the way off. Anyone have any good ideas how to remedy this problem?

13. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Redneck Romper??? That's funny.

Brian

14. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

it bugs me that all the hubbub is going on about removing the rebel flag from everywhere. Its not a symbol of slavery, its a symbol of history. People need to study the history books and figure out that slavery was only a small part of the reason that the south seceded. it just bugs me that so many people direct all of the anger at things that for the most part are over and done with towards an inanimate object. Taking down all the confederate flags in the world wont undo what has been done. We need to learn from our history, not try to erase it. OK im off the soapbox now.

P.S. i'm from pennsylvania.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

15. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by shaggyk5

16. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

what just happened to that post?

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

17. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

The confederates wanted a seperate nation. Too bad they got their ass kicked by the north! This period of history is interesting, but I don't thik we need confederate flags fliying around to remind us of it.

Brian

18. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Ok, I fly a whole lot of Confederate flags. I fly them because of my family history. I am proud of my heritage, and what my family has faught for in the past, even if I dont agree with ALL of their beliefs. So are you telling me that I dont need anything around to remind me of my past generations?

19. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I am sorry that I sparked something that has nothing to do with blazers, but this is one of my favorite things to talk about other than cars(blazers). The flag is a symbol of heritage for me and a lot of other people whose ancestors fought in the Civil War. These men fought and lost their lives so that maybe they could have freedom from the government that was controlling them. Even though they may have done some things that I think are wrong, slavery,I am not going to stop flying the flag that they fought so hard to protect. I own many Confederate flags and fly them with pride, if you don't like it you can pry it out of my cold, dead fingers. Sorry that is just a very touchy subject with me.

20. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Cool off, some folks take great pride in reminding the South that the North won, but everyone forgets that the NATION LOST...[​IMG]...I owe no alligance to any flag other than the one that Jesus Christ Flys..[​IMG].. I also would die to defend my Country ...[​IMG] USA [​IMG]..There is no X of anykind on my truck.....but a <font color=red>REDNECK</font color=red>...damned straight I am.
    Pretty much sums up where I stand!!![​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>