Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Sci-Fi fans ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm a big Sci-Fi fan. I like about all Sci-Fi. I watch Star Trek ( original, The Next Genaration, Voyager, Deep Space Nine.) and Farscape, Lexx, ... you name it. Anyone else like that stuff ???

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Im not a big Sci Fi fan but I did get into watching Star Trek orig. and NG for a while. It was sorta out of nessecity (sp) The girl I was engaged to, (before my wife) her dad was a Trekkie, so I started watching it when we were at their house.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I prefer to read Sci-Fi stuff. The special effects in my own imagination are so much better than TV.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm a really big Robert Heinlein fan...

Rene

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I like sci-fi but I preffer post-apocolyptic, like Mad Max etc., over aliens/space/robots. If I'm flipping through the channels and see Star Trek I may watch some of it but I don't make it a habit. The only sci-fi I absolutely won't watch is those direct to video movies and made for tv movies. Those are just worthless. I don't mind minimal sets, like on Idaho Transfer and Twilight Zone, but cheesey sets bug me.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Same here ! All that space stuff is crap ! Post apocolyptic stuff rocks !

6. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I like reading sci-fi better than watching it, too. I like good sci-fi movies, but sci-books are consistently better. Sci-Fi TV is good, if you watch it every week and know what the heck is going on. I watch maybe 1 hour of TV a month, and all of that is accidental. Worse than Sci-Fi TV is a book-based Sci-Fi movie. Like Battlefield Earth and Starship Troopers. Battlefield Earth was an EXCELLENT book, but a very bad movie. Starship troopers was a good book, but the movie was only OK and didn't follow the book that well. Vampires was another good book/bad movie.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I loved (The Stand) as a book, but as a movie, it sucked sh*t through a straw !!!

8. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I like the old sci fi stuff sometimes it seems like their imagination before was more unbelievable than now.

9. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

BIG Star Wars geek here. I don't dress up as a Wookie or anything, or get in fights with Star Trek fans, but I love Star Wars. Seen all the movies, read all the books, played the video games, May 16th I'm dragging the gf to Episode II/forums/images/icons/smile.gif, etc. I just love how it's a whole different universe. A galazy far, far, away, and so on..../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Dad is a BIG Star Trek fan, and I watch it when I see it on.

Farscape I absolutely love. Watched the season finale last Friday. Pissed because I lost my cable about 2 years ago and missed about a year of the show. Where'd the bald blue plant lady go? Zaan or whatever her name was./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I love Mad Max. Hint for people who don't already know about it, but find yourself a copy of the first two that are the original Australian releases. No crappy "US Speak" dubbing./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Sometimes the lingo is hard to grasp, but beneath the accents, there is Enlish there./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Been hearing rumors about a Mad Max IV, anyone else heard these? From what I can tell it would be 20 years or so later, and be about Max's feral son......Max............of course./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I agree with Calcide, Starship Troopers was an excellent book. The movie.................well, I'm not sure I had much else to do for those couple of hours........./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I am not a Starfleet commander, or T.J. Hooker. I don't live on Starship NCC-1701, or own a phaser. And I don't know anybody named Bones, Sulu, or Spock. And no, I've never had green alien sex, though I'm sure it would be quite an evening. I speak English and French, not Klingon! I drink Labatt's, not Romulan ale! And when someone says to me 'Live long and prosper', I seriously mean it when I say, 'Get a life'. My doctor's name is not McCoy, it's Ginsberg. And tribbles were puppets, not real animals. PUPPETS! And when I speak, I never, ever talk like every. Word. Is. Its. Own. Sentence. I live in California, but I was raised in Montreal. And yes, I've gone where no man has gone before, but I was in Mexico and her father gave me permission! My name is William Shatner, and I am Canadian!

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I like Fragel Rock.. :haha:

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Dude, your name is James and you're from Longmont.

Get over yourself already! :surepal:

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Getting over myself is beneath me. :D

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I love SI fi. both film and book.
    Books are way better than film IMO No limits to your imagination.
    Larry Nivins Ring world books
    Phillip Jose farmer's Riverworld and Father to the Stars books. Are some of the Classics i like to read and re read

2001 a space oddesey was a film master piece. Also liked 2010

Si fi channel did do a pretty good job on Herberts Dune.

Adams Hitchhikers Guide To The galixy trilogy is one of the best. But the film versions murdered it.

Do you have your towel?