Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any softball players

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MUDNUTT, Mar 8, 2004.

1. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

wondering what you all use for bats. i play slowpitch in 3 or 4 different leagues. went out yesterday to hit a few and ended up denting the hell out of my worth wicked /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. bat had a 1 year warranty and i bought it almost that long ago, unfortunatly dumbass me never sent in the stuff for the warranty /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. looking for suggestions for what everyone is using. right know im leaning toward an anderson techzilla.

deck

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Well, I haven't bought a bat in a couple of years. I used to play & was a ASA Umpire. They'v been in storage for about 2-3 years. Anyway, I've got three nice bats:

- 28oz TPS Power Dome
    - 28oz ?
    - 29oz Lighthouse Supercell

All I remember is paying almost $500 for the three bats. If you are interested in buying a used on, let me know & I can get you some photos/specifics on them.

Anyway, my favorate was the Power Dome. The 29 I only used when against a slower pitcher.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I played up till 3 years ago, still have all my bats. Best one is a DeMarini double wall.............hit a lot of long balls with that one. Might be for sale if you're interested. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I've taco'ed 2 DeMarini Ultimate distances, then I picked up a Fatboy. Not quite as much pop but it has lasted much better. I really like the TPS but it has a smaller sweat spot and I need as much help as I can get.

Mike

5. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

mark, i used to have 1 of those tps power domes in 30oz. loved that thing. used it for 5 or 6 years until i dented it( my fault- long story) and bought the wicked last year. burb, i had a freebie demarini doublewall distance and i didnt care for it. i dont really care for the demarini stuff in general.i prefer a balanced bat and all their stuff seems to be end loaded. ended up giving it to my brother in law. like i said i am really leaning toward an anderson techzilla. i swung a buddys last year and really like it. plus its an aluminum doublewall so hopefully it would hold up better than the new composite stuff

deck

6. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

all the hundreds of thousands of members we have here and only 4 of us are softball players? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

deck

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really like the TPS but it has a smaller sweat spot and I need as much help as I can get.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy does that sound familiar /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I can honestly say that I've never hit a homerun out of the park. However, my on-base percentage was like 90+ I always had a knack for in front of the outfielders - either side. I gave it up cause my knees were shot & I enjoyed the fun part of the sport (beer, friends, after game @ Hooters /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) and it seemed like evryone was getting too serious about it.

Now, all my spare time is filled with kids, and work. Oh yeah, and CK5 too /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

mark, sent you a p.m. about that powerdome.

deck