Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any tips on replacing a power window motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nickdubrule41, Jul 5, 2005.

1. nickdubrule41

nickdubrule41 Registered Member

hey the window motor in my jimmy went with the window in the up position.so i took the door panel off propped the window up with a screw driver just to be safe so it wouldnt fall. i disconnected the power to the motor. and i took out the the four 10mm bolts.i pulled the motor out. now i am trying to get the new one in and i am having a hard time getting the motor to mesh with the gear on the track and i cant get the 4 bolts in because i cant hold them and the motor at the same time.and my fat arm is not meant to go through a small squar hole like that. there has to be a right way to do this and my shop manual isnt helping me any....any help would be great :confused: :D

2. CkYblaZeRBoY

CkYblaZeRBoY Registered Member

when i did mine i had to duct tape the window up and pull the whole assembly out because gm had to put rivets in the motor so i think maybe pull the whole assembley out should be 2 bolts near the bottom holding the whole thing and then bolt it up and slide it back in and bolt hook it in the tracks

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude things would go a lot quicker if you took the whole track system out. Bolted the new motor on and then put the track and motor back in. Takes about 10 mins. Use the switch once the track is reinstalled to position the studs back through the door shell. Roll window back down until they pop into place.