Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Trail Master IFS guys in here?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by divorced, Dec 31, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Just wondering if anyone here has a Trail Master IFS lift on a 88-98 Chevy, or has a friend that does? I just need a simple measurement...

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Might want to try over at FSC or GMFS for this question. Or couldn't you give Trailmaster a call?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I tried at FSC, but nobody answered yet, and I'm not registered at GMFS. I called trailmaster and they gave me a phone number for some rocky mountain place that sells parts and has them drop shipped from trailmaster, but the parts are $60 each + shipping. I'm a cheap-a$$ and don't want to pay $120+ for two tie rod adjusting sleeves, so I'm trying to match them up with an OEM part. Trailmaster wouldn't give me any info on the size of the sleeves.

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

That's too bad about the poor support from TM. I haven't heard much good about there IFS suspensions, and I know for a fact most of the guys in the FSC offroad forum trash them as often as they can.

I just remembered that my older brothers truck might have a TM lift on it. What do you need measured? Something simple I can call him and describe?

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Just the adjusting sleeves for the tie rod ends, I need to know how long they are. They are longer than stock to work with the new center link in the lift kit, but I don't know how much longer. Trail master won't tell me how long they are because they know I want to match them up in a parts book and buy them locally for about $12 each instead of from them at $60 each.