Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any tried this paint job?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by .308fanatic, Jan 20, 2006.

1. .308fanatic

.308fanatic Registered Member

Hey, just got back and started posting again. Got a 79 K5 with a 400 sbc. Shes got some rust and needs some repair around the bottom fenders and wheel wells. Thought I would just cut out rust and weld/rivet new metal in, then paint whole rig with colored spray on bedliner.

Anyone every tried this paint on their whole rig?

Also, anyone know timing for the 400sbc? Acting like its running strange.

Carb flooded out awhile back (q jet), put a kit in it, sounds like it is missing on the right bank now. Runs good on the road, but sounds like its missing at an idle. I was told the motor has a cam in it, but don't know what it is. Could the cam make it sound like its missing?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have some time now to work on it, wanting it strong so I can have some fun!!

thanks.

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

How do the plugs look?

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

There are a few on the board that have bedlinered the exterior of their rigs, me included. I love my exterior. I recall one or two didn't like theirs. I find it very durable and would be easy to repair. I rollered mine on (Durabak). Seems everyone likes a different product so no consenus on which one is better. I think products are more the same than different, and it's all in the prep. Good prep = good adhesion. Bad prep will make a good product suck. Durabak requires cleaning the surfaces with Xylene, which was pretty easy. I haven't had any problems with it. Important to get a UV protected product to prevent fading.

4. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

4 wheel & off road did that a month or two ago. Seemed to work pretty well, covers up a lot of sin without a lot of prep.

5. .308fanatic

.308fanatic Registered Member

Plugs are good, changed all on right bank not to long ago just to make sure.