Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any way to cure a hangover ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, May 15, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

or anything that ya can do to make it less crappy ? i dont drink very often at all, and last night we opened the new sports bar and everything at work and well i got tore up on tequila shots and draft buds and man i have a headache and stomach soreness, anything i can do to lessen this ? got stuff i need to do today before work but feel crappy

thanks

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

4 shots of tequila should do the trick...

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Your pretty much screwed in the morning if you don't drink a bunch of water before you go to bed. As soon as you finish drinking you need to drink at least 2-3 liters of water.

Also, you can try and drink ONE beer in the morning. I've tried it a few times and it works...kinda...

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I just don't go to sleep until i am sobered up enough to realize it, then you never have a hangover,,,

Or even better tyet, STOP DRINKING THAT MUCH!! know your limits. When i drink, i do it till i have a decent buzz, or feel relaxed, then just kinda sip on the drink for a bit, then usually switch over to soda. I haven't been hungover in,,,,,hell i don't even remember anymore, several years.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

nice responses here haha

i rarely drink, i mean extremely rarely, do i even have a limit ? haha

i only had four or five shots of tequila and like 3 drafts of bud, im 142lbs and i drank them all within a couple hours or a hair less, so hmm. yeah i was feelingb really pretty nice while i was back there washing dishes and doing other work in the kitchen last night, phew. it was great,

but i just now got back here after finding the ultimate sobering experience

yeah..

i was drivin to a gas station north of here to go get a cappuchino like i usually do each morning and i spotted a 67-72 pickup over on the next street over form wher ei was traveling and i could jkust barely catch glimpse of a for sale sign in on the door glass of it, so i am like crap! and i come back to stop and look at it after getting the cappuchino real quick and ill be damned if its not a perfect shape 69 or 70 longfleet 2wd pickup light green 503 color exact same as my first 68 pickup was and also several other 67-70 ive had(71 72 changed shade slightly and name of the green too)
    i was in complete awe and dumbfounded as i tapped all around on the rockers and wheel tub lips and up under even the rear cab corners underneath and its all 100% SOLID no rust at all, nothing!
    im like damn i bet they want like 4 or 5 grand for this baby, but i go to the door anyways for the hell of it and the guy says 700 bucks !!! im like crap! he says his daughter got it from soem marriage decree and the guy was supposed to find her a vehicle to drive and the 69 or 70 there was it, and that it just needs gas and a tune up and he would trust it all the way out to california, its all original bone stock all cept mirrors are later style large ones and the wheels are 15" steelie chromies and the steering wheels is blue doesnt match, and the paint is cheap paint but still looks phenominal for an IL truck

so my goal in life right now is TO GET THAT TRUCK ASAP ! thats all i can think about now, i miss my first 68 i had that was identical to this truck and tis killing me, theres no way another one like it will pop up around here in the salt rust belt, i consider this one a magical fluke,.

im sober now, no more hangover, poof gone!

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow, 700 thats a great deal /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Good luck with the truck!

And just think, a month ago, you would've been glad to have a hangover under these conditions!

8. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

All tequila's are not created equal. Watch out for the cheap mexican mescal moonshine. Only Cuervo, or Cabo San Lucas. Drink nothing with a worm or sauza on the label. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

B1 1500 mgs., and 4 B-Complex tablets. Then lots of water.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

red beer.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifsweet go get the truck, talk to the guy and make payments!

the hangover thing, drink alot of water after drinking, eat bread/strachy stuff to absorb the acids, then first thing in the morning sip on some water to get the dry out of your mount and then eat crackers and more bread only sipping on water (water/other fluids kick that acids/alcohol back up and get you drunk again).

I guess I'm lucky I've never had a hang over and I've only been sick once after MANY MANY MANY hours of drinking and mixing beers (Ie started about noon with guiness and pizza, moved over to the jazz bar and drank coronas since they where on special, then went home and had killians before we left for penny pitcher miller lights /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif 12hours at least 8-10 beers, then I drank at least 2 pitchers /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif bought 13$ worth of pitchers that night but only drank two of them (if you get there early you get the big reg pitchers, after 9pm they have mugs that look like pitchers /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) Anyhow I got sick about 3am, went home ate some bread slept 5 hours and I was back up, ate some more bread and brushed my teeth and I was good to go! My roommate and his buddy where both having MAJOR hangovers that day, they where mad I drank the same if not more and I was fine (I had a good 50lbs over them). Just to freak them out I buttered some toast and made sausage and eggs /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    4 shots of tequila should do the trick...

[/ QUOTE ]
    yup

13. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

From a medical standpoint, hangovers are caused by dehydration .alcohol is a diuretic (makes you urinate more frequently than normal, hence dehydrating the body). Best bet is lots of water and anything with electrolytes (gator-aid comes to mind but there are others as well).

Only real prevention for a hangover is not drinking....

[ QUOTE ]
    or anything that ya can do to make it less crappy ? i dont drink very often at all, and last night we opened the new sports bar and everything at work and well i got tore up on tequila shots and draft buds and man i have a headache and stomach soreness, anything i can do to lessen this ? got stuff i need to do today before work but feel crappy

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

the other remedy for the hangover i can think of,,,,,is to not stop drinkin???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Menudo............

16. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Menudo............

[/ QUOTE ]
    YUCK. you sick fool. how the hell can you eat that.
    GROOSSSS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i rmember seeing something on the learning channel about building sky scrapers in new yorkin the fourties i think.the owner had the guys drink cabbage juice to get rid of thier hangovers. so they wouldn't fall 39 storys. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I'm going to go work on aquiring one of these hang overs in a bit, will let ya know how it goes tomorrow mornin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yea man, i'm on #5 already.it's cool and cloudy out and i've been up since five to go to work today.i'll probably cut my grass again but i can booze and do that.i'm tired and have no ambision so make the boring fun with a buzz. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Menudo............ And a Red Beer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Preferably one made with Snappy Toms.
    Bloody Marys,(My favorite) are also are a good cure.