Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any Wheelin' allowed in the Mountains around Van Horn or Sierra Blanca, TX.

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by marv_springer, Sep 9, 2004.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Any Wheelin\' allowed in the Mountains around Van Horn or Sierra Blanca, TX.

Passing thru Van Horn on the way back from Ft. Worth. Just couldn't help thinking that there had to be some cool rock washes to drive thru in that area...?

Anybody heard of this area or done anything there... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Marv

2. marv_springer

Re: Any Wheelin\' allowed in the Mountains around Van Horn or Sierra Blanca, TX.

?!

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Re: Any Wheelin\' allowed in the Mountains around Van Horn or Sierra Blanca, TX.

I lived out that way several years ago and I never saw anything that was public. River wheeling is now illegal in Texas so that won't work for you. For the most part, its private ranch's only for us. There is very little public land anymore. I read somewhere that Texas is 93% or so privatly owned property /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    I read somewhere that Texas is 93% or so privatly owned property

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That sux. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well thanks for the response anyways....

Marv