Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Any wheelin or members near galveston?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by laketex, Nov 5, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I just applied for a job over there and my mind was wandering as to wheelin spots! Actually it's in Texas City. I would guess a lot of beach running, but are there any ROX?

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

no, just leave your blazer with me and i will take care of it /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I lived in the Houston area for 8 years and can assure you that you won't find any rocks to play on in that part of the state. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's flatter than flat. Most of the land is owned and fenced, so wheelin' spots are few and far between. Beach running will reduce your truck to a pile of iron oxide in a very short amount of time. The salt water will get into every part of the truck and start eating away... The mud down that way can get pretty nasty, if you can find a place to legally play in it. You also won't be too far away from Lousiana, if you want to go find some serious swamps to play in.

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'm about 30 minutes from the beach and another hour or so to Galveston depending on the ferry. I usually go to Crystal Beach which is on the Louisianna Side of Galveston. Beach running yes but nothing like Pismo or whatever that place is in Cal. Harry pretty much summed it up. The beach is fun but I allways spend lots of time washing under my truck and I try to avoid going through too much water down there. Not alot of places to wheel around me that aren't illegal or so deep that it swallows you whole. No rocks at all. You could find some busted up pieces of concrete and crawl on them but that's about it.

5. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna be there next week with the inlaws, was looking for places/people to play with. I'm sure I'll get bored sitting around on a beach for a week. I will be flying in, so won't have a rig.

6. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

not so much on local wheeling around here, I live in Clear lake and its about a 2 hour drive to find anywhere descent to wheel