Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any winter wheeling around Colo. Springs?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by johnnieg, Nov 21, 2002.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

I haven't done much wheelin and wonder if anything is still open around here. Sometime next summer I might go to Wheeler Lake. My K5 is basically stock except 32" BFG All terrains. If any one knows of anything, it would be appreciated

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Go to Pueblo Motorsports Park. It is close and free. There is some real good wheelin' there too. From Co. Spgs go South on I-25 to Hwy 50 West in Pueblo. Go West to Pueblo Blvd and turn left. You will see a Motorola Bldg on the right as you turn onto Pueblo Blvd. Just past that bldg. is the entrance (on right). It has a white arch over it. When you enter keep turning to the left. Go past all of the dirt bike tracks and you will see the hills. There is some good stuff there.

John

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Winter wheeling eh?
    I would say head up to Woodland Park. A much better View than Pueblo
    If hit some of the 4x4 shops in the springs you should be able to pick up the Colorado 4wd ass. books on local trials in Colo.

Eric

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm game on Wheeler next year. My buddy goes several times a year for camping. As far as winter wheeling, I went the Saty after Thanksgiving. We went out Gold Camp road area behing the Broadmoor. My buddy broke his 35 spline dana 60 shaft. Anyway, we could only go a few areas. Snow was to deep on some trails (drifts) and a hill that was pure ice seemed to halt us as well. Anyway, it was still fun as it was my wifes first trip off-road ever.
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i dont know about winter wheeling.. but next summer, if you ever head down toward Ouray or Telluride you might consider taking black bear pass.. i have done it in a jeep and know it would be a thrill for you in a fullsize coming down bridal vail falls. a heck of a view of telluride on the way down.. some nice old mines as well....

jon