Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any1 be up for TSF in mid/late august?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jul 5, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im tired of just looking at my rig sit in my car port. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif All i need to do to make it ready to rock is get my exhaust x-over pipe done and remove the doors/top/tail gate. I can EASILY get all that done in a day let alone a month.

Anyway, anyone else have a rig that actually runs that wants to go? I was thinking either the 15th or the 22nd... both are Sundays. Hopefully atleast one of us would know TSF moderately well... i have only been there a couple times and get lost easily. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

anyway, whos game?

j

2. jekbrown

cmon guys, i know atleast one of you guys has to have a running rig!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i like the guys in OBH and everything, but Im tired of being the only fullsize guy wheelin with a bunch of heeps... oh well, guess if no one here is game I'll just post up on the obh list. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

id drive up there but my truck isent ready enough yet, sorry

4. jekbrown

grrrr... we truly are a bunch of wrenchin' guys as opposed to off-roading guys. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif this is sad. oh well, guess I'll try OBH. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

5. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

whats TSF?? I have a running rig and im just outside of portland.

6. smprider112

OK a lil slow....tsf=Tillimook state forest?? if thats the case I know it pretty well...pretty new to wheeling, but have ridden quads and bikes in there for years.

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

8. jekbrown

yeppers, TSF = Tillamook State Forest... if you're anywhere near portland, you are just a stones throw from TSF. Check that link'd forum thread on pirate there are maps and gas'n'up / ORV sticker info there. This rocks, I didn't know guys on pirate were goin' around that time. I think I'll go wheel with them on sunday Aug 22nd, maybe get there during the afternoon on the 21st and get everything ready... then drive on sunday... maybe even take the 23rd off and wheel that day too! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Im psyched! wonder if any other fullsize peeps are gonna be there tho...

j

9. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Going by the screen names looks like Josh (silver84) is going to try to make it. I was kinda thinking about it but it depends on how much stuff I break over labor day.

10. jekbrown

whats his s/n over on pir8? i dont see him on that thread... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

be cool if he could make it though, gimme a place to put my weeny on-road tires. Speaking of him, I havent seen him around here in a while... did he leave us? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

11. smprider112

that sounds pretty burly, I'll deffinetly have to come out for one of the days!

12. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

im up for some TSF action.
    I just got back from coos bay with big bad burb and cornfed sure was cool to see the people looking at us when we would rip by in a big group of huge trucks.

I will see if they are up for it also because they know the area very well.

I will also post up on the thread on pirate.

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

copenhagen is Josh's s/n over there.

14. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

naw i havent left.... Hopefully ill be ready to go... I was breakin in the cam on my 383 last weekend and Metal showed up in the oil. so i dunno whats gonna happen with that yet... I need to get my ass to sandlake with this new motor, so i can finally see what it feels like to have a little power /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. jekbrown

theres the man! you gotta get that junk figured out so we can hit the trails man! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got a few little things to do, but they ain't no big deal. Most time consuming thing I have left to do is removing my top/doors/gate. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

be awesome if lots of fullsize guys could make it... i dont wanna be the only non 'yota/heep guy... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

16. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I can probably make it out, I still have a current OHV permit but running a basically stock K20 and trying to keep it nice. Last trip thru TSF was kinda tight in the trees but I made it without any damage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, I know... I'll deliver your S10 Cab that weekend and have you pay for my wheeling gas /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, I know... I'll deliver your S10 Cab that weekend and have you pay for my wheeling gas /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a plan. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

18. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I've always wanted to go there. I'm a TSF virgin /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd have to run the easier stuff because...

1. I'll prolly have my boy with me and I need a cage before I try hardcore stuff.
    2. I can't afford to break my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    3. I don't have a winch /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    4. My back tires are pretty low on the tread, almost 38" slicks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    5. I really don't need/want anymore rock rash than I already have. I know...that makes me a whoosy, but my '74 is pretty damn clean and I want to keep it that way.

If anybody is going that is willing to run the easier stuff I'd be up for it, but if not, I'll save my gas money.

19. smprider112

[ QUOTE ]
    I've always wanted to go there. I'm a TSF virgin /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd have to run the easier stuff because...

1. I'll prolly have my boy with me and I need a cage before I try hardcore stuff.
    3. I don't have a winch /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    4. My back tires are pretty low on the tread, almost 38" slicks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    5. I really don't need/want anymore rock rash than I already have. I know...that makes me a whoosy, but my '74 is pretty damn clean and I want to keep it that way.

If anybody is going that is willing to run the easier stuff I'd be up for it, but if not, I'll save my gas money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd deffinently run the easier stuff with ya...My 35's are almost slicks too! And unless I get my 3/4 ton swapped in and new gears up front it'd be hard running with 35x15.5x15 swampers with 3.42's and a diesel....Plus im pretty new to wheeling, and dont really wanna kill my D.D. truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a spare set of 38.5s on beadlocks you could borrow for the trip if you wanted ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    they are still almost brand new /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif