Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any1 got a house for rent?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, May 4, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i know it's a good time to buy right now with the interest rates and all... but I aint gonna commit to a 30 yr loan until I am married... so in the mean time I need to rent a pad. Anyone have or know of anything in southwest WA (clark county)? The pad has to have room to park 3 vehicles, be ok with pets (i have 2 miniture wiener dogs), and it'd be nice if the place wasn't in "the hood". I can deal with a duplex or a manufactured home so long as it has the junk I need.

Looking for something in the sub $800/mo catagory. I have been looking pretty hard the last week or so and I have found a couple that would be "ok" but not ideal... somewhere out there is the perfect pad for me. Anyone have one or have any leads? TIA,

j

2. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

You can come live right next to me, two 1 bedrooms with attached garage. only $285/month. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but of course you would have to move to Northern Idaho :P
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The pad has to have room to park 3 vehicles, be ok with pets (i have 2 miniture wiener dogs), and it'd be nice if the place wasn't in "the hood".... in the sub $800/mo catagory

[/ QUOTE ]

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Dood..you are so stinkin' funny!! Good luck on the search. You'll be lucky to find what your after for less than $1300/month.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dunno how much it is, but there is a place off NE 107th over by T-Roy that I pass every morning on my way to drop my son off at daycare.

5. jekbrown

actually, i found the perfect pad. Its $850/mo... but it has a garage, carport, 2 acres, full yard service, w/s/g paid, dogs are ok (even has a dog house) 2 covered decks... 2 BR, 2 bath. The lady who owns it is a teacher... my mom was a teacher/administrator for 30 years and probably knows the chick renting it. In any case, we are going to check out the inside tomorow night. Unless there is a dead body laying in there somewhere (hell, even if there is!), we're prolly gonna go ahead and get it... this is gonna rock. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Whats more, its like 2-3 minutes away from my parents house so when I need to borrow somethin or have someone watch the dogs, I can just cruise on over there. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

shane: $1300... negative! you need to look harder! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually, what it really is, is that when you look for a house you are looking for room for a bunch of kids 'n' stuff... and I only need enough space for me, my dawgs, my K5 and my woman. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Something over by my house, it's a duplex should be in your price range but I don't know how nice it is, I'll PM the #...when I get it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jekbrown

holy cow... went to see that place that is $850/mo and its damn near perfect. A small building next to the carport and adjoining garage that I thought was some kind of garden shed turned out to be a small shop. hell yeah! Carport is nice and big and very tall... i think so they could put their truck + camper in there, but its all good for the Jimmy! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif There is also a concrete slab behind the garage that we'll be free to use as we see fit (can you say s-10 cab + frame?). The garage has the renters junk in it, and will for another 2 months, but I can deal with that. The yard at this place is forkin huuuge... 2 acres, almost totally level.. with some big honkin' trees here and there for shade. If I wanted to have like a BBQ or somethin', i could invite like a dozen cars worth of people with no problem. There is even one of them small satelitte dishes on the back... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

anyway, Im excited... the lady forgot the keys for it today so we didn't get to see all of the inside... just got to peer through the windows. Tomorow after work Im checkin it out and assuming all is good, doing some paperwork. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif wish me luck!

j

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hmmm...where's this place at? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Sounds like great deal! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

PM me the number too Fumes, It sounds like J found a place and I have some friends that are looking for somewhere to rent in that price-range /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Jasons talking about the place by me, I PMed him the # if he don't get it, then I'll give you the #... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

ah... cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

if its a duplex I wonder if both sides are "open"?

12. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Jasons talking about the place by me, I PMed him the # if he don't get it, then I'll give you the #... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, no Im not. lol! this place is on 29th right by WSU-Vancouver. Going to see the inside tonight, hopefully be getting it tonight too. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

the way you described it , it sounds about the same...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. jekbrown

lol! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

checked out the inside tonight and it looks like its perfect. Very well kept. 1000 sq ft, plenty of room for me... I lived in 350 sq ft for 2 years and had storage space left over. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif anyway, the lady had an application form for us to fill out so she could check employment/credit/backround etc... and I filled it out on the spot so hopefully she'll be getting back to me soon. I did my best to make a good impression... hopefully I did. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i have looked at some pads that were cheaper... but this one has everything I want and isnt that much more than I was looking for. w00t! Now all I need to do is check to see what the electrical system is like to make sure I can use my welder. Their utility room is right by the backdoor/driveway, so if its up to snuff I could plug in there. I'd have to make a long cord for my welder, but I planned on doing that anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Who knows, if I can talk the gf into it, maybe we'll have a "work on your trucks + chow down on BBQ" day or something sometime. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifgood luck

16. jekbrown

woohoo!! my boss gave her a good review and she wants to start renting the pad to me on the 15th. This is super cool cause LOTS of other people were looking and interested... some of which had more $ and stuff but she still took a chance and went with me and my fiancee instead. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thats super cool! Of course, for a while I'll have limited (parents pad up the hill) net access... but it'll be worth it to be able to work on my K5 and work over my gf. lol!

17. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

thats cool that you found a place that fast.

I was going to post up about a place that is for rent that I drove past while I was there it was 900.00 a month for a 1 acre lot with a good sized shop but it had a smaller mobile home on it. it was nice and clean but small.

18. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

post up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have some friends looking for a place

19. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    post up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have some friends looking for a place

[/ QUOTE ]

I left the phone number at home but it is located 1 block south of ward rd on 78th st in orchards near the new padden expressway.
    you could turn to the south off of 152nd ave from padden and after you cross over ward rd it turns to the left and is 78th st. it is on the left about 100ft from the intersection.

its a very nice double wide mobile and a real nice shop it also comes with a riding lawn mower to take care of the yard.
    if it was bigger I would have rented it.