Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any1 got a washer?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, May 25, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my gf and I need a clothes washer for our new pad. Only criteria is that it works. If its ugly, i dont care, I can clean it up. Anyone have one laying around that they don't need? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

oh yeah, as an OT aside, thanks much to all that forwarded me info on commuter cars for sale in the local area. As it turns out, I didn't need to get one... my dad gave me his 2wd 4cyl 94 ranger extended cab for my birthday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

2. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Too bad you are in Vancouver, i could get you a washer very easily. I work for an appliance store, and see working washers, dryers, and fridges daily that are mine to take if i so desire.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

hey man, there are a bunch of peeps having a huge garage sale in our neighborhood this weekend. I'll check to see if anyone has anything worth buying for a few bucks. Basically I'll look for the uber cheap/free deal if I can find it.

BTW, I may have a job hook up for you with a HUGE civil eng. firm. You gotta stop by to get the info though..heh heh heh...

4. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    hey man, there are a bunch of peeps having a huge garage sale in our neighborhood this weekend. I'll check to see if anyone has anything worth buying for a few bucks. Basically I'll look for the uber cheap/free deal if I can find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet! lemme know if ya see anything, if I cant find anything by the end of the weekend I'll prolly go to the appliance recyclers ($) or this one place in portland that reconditions/resells em.

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, I may have a job hook up for you with a HUGE civil eng. firm. You gotta stop by to get the info though..heh heh heh...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If you go to a appliance recycler I know a great guy in Boring, OR that is good to deal with and warranties everything he sells. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

there is often free stuff on http://www.craigslist.org - just go to the portland page in the right hand column.

Our W/D set is from a company that puts them in rentals. They are industral SPEED QUEEN brand. Very big & strudy, but there aren't many settings on them (like low heat dry). We paid $150 for the set and they delivered & set them up. We've had them almost 4 years without any problems. Check the yellow pages and see if there are any companies that put W/D in rentals (like appartments). They may have some extras they would sell.

7. jekbrown

any luck at the g-sale? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j