Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

any1 know what i have?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin_blazer, Feb 17, 2007.

1. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

where should the tag be at on a transfer out of a m37?
    it has shift rails like my np205..its a 53 model m37 and has a divorced transfer and i've been told that it is a np200? is there such thing? and if it happens to be what i have , could you use a twin stick kit for it,

i maybe can keep the original, its twin, but it has connecting rods from shifter to the transfercase...i'm thinking because it is a divorced unit and IT sits back futher...the shifter is just hanging. the motor and tranny are missing and i assume it mouunted to the tranny someway...
    :confused: if i handi-man and fab a mount its possible i assume..BUT I'M MAINLY CONCERNED WHAT THE TRANFER IS...THANKS

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

What do you have???:eek1::eek1: Jim, I'm only a doctor!

M37? Is that a military vehicle? Look over at steelsoldiers.com if it is.

IIRC there was an NP200 and a NP201:confused:

3. blazin_blazer

everything i can find states Transfer Case. New Process 88845 (or NP200); Ratio: High 1:1, low 1.96:1....now does that mean it had 1 or the other or is it saying they are 1 in the same

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Not sure on the M37, but on the M715 they used the NP200, and the years are close enough. The np200 in the M715 has a parking brake setup on the rear output where the driveshaft of the np205 is. The rear driveshaft on the np200 hooks up directly opposite the front drive shaft. The np200 is a divorced unit, or at least all the ones I've seen.
    Common problem with the np200 is overheating at highway speeds. It was designed when speeds weren't that great. With not being direct drive through its kinda like running in 4x all the time and heats up. Supposedly not too difficult to move the rear driveshaft to the 'normal' location. Takes a little machine work.

You really should find a M37 site, or at least try www.m715zone.com

5. blazin_blazer

thanks for the input. this tranfer does have a band type parking brake on the rear, i haven't noticed how the rear drive shaft is in location with the front.

i can see the overheating issue as the top speed of this rig is supposed to be only50 mph...i will check the link also...thanks